
To be honest about it, I don't read a lot. There isn't time. I often get into a book and then get distracted and don't finish. I don't read novels very much. I love to read articles and information books. Energy theories and Deepak Chopra or Wayne Dyer...all the new things being written about brain capability. Last night Papabear gave me a printout on spirituality and immortality written by B H Roberts. It is so interesting. The books I just blogged about might stay on the shelf awhile.
I read some of Louisa May Alcott's books many years ago. She is quite loquacious which is interesting because it shows the styles of the times. It's nice to see the picture of life that Alcott paints. Her father was also a very interesting person. Often when I go to the Great B & N bookstore I buy Stampington magazines and the like.... Altered Couture and jewelry magazines. I never have gotten into anything very seriously. These 'books' [at $15 a magazine, I'd call them books!] keep me dreaming of what I'm gonna' do someday. Because, I'm still kicking here, just not with as much vitality as I'd like. I also go to the fabric stores and sigh over patterns. I buy some that are on sale for 99 cents. They are almost all unopened.
In my family we love to toss ideas around whether we think they make sense or not. We debate and argue a bit and often feel very satisfied that we have settled a question or discovered something new in the universe. It's rewarding. I love it. It's who we are and aren't we lucky we all wound up together in this life. ^.^)
The picture above is a family picture . I am the one with the glasses on my head. Khrystibear has long hair and a gold sweater.
5 comments:
Very fun post Rosalie. I like the fact that you can discuss ideas with your family, that seems to me very good. I used to work with a guy that loved to take the other side of the arguement just for the sake of it. He argued me into a corner every time. Once I won - I said "Brian, I have the right to be wrong just as much as you do to be right". (Wasn't that the stupidest thing anybody ever said?) He said "you're right". Dumb, dumb, dumb. Have a great day. Diane
Are you all so much alike because of nature or nurture? We, well they, everyone except me and Melody, are arguers here. Oftentimes, like Diane says, just for the sake of argument. They all, the men of my household and possibly my dau-in-law, just have to be right! There are no other possiblities...........is that the way we taught them? Or did they come programmed that way? Quite probably the boys inherited much of it from their dad! But probably learned alot watching him too. At any rate they are all deep thinkers....will disect a movie, book, song....into minute little details. I, on the other hand, being a type "3" personality, want nothing to do with that. Just let me be entertained. How did we come to be so different? You and me? Nothing to do with nurture! Has to be nature! You must have been born with a brain! I find the family traits to be quite fascinating. But being a bear of little brain I won't spend much time pondering the questions of life. I'll read your musings to learn everything I need to know. Currently reading Drowning Ruth....
Later I'll toddle off to book club to find out what it is really about!
I am always Googling something I'm interested about... is that reading? As far as a real book, we bought a Kindle and I love that thing. I am a cookbook fiend, have no willpower when it comes to a good cookbook! I spend way too much time on this computer but as long as I'm learning something it's ok, isn't it??? Thanks for coming for a visit!
I used to read lots of books, but then got bored with fiction and only wanted to read biographies and history. Then blogging happened, and well, reading books is now history, lol.
I buy a lot of patterns I'll never sew, too, but it is fun to dream. I bet your family discussions are fun to join in on!
Who is in the top picture?? Love it!!!!
To be honest, I'm not much of a reader either---never have been... I think people who read love it so much that they TAKE time for it.. I find other things which I'd much rather do... However, I do read alot of Blog and Facebook stuff ---along with Family History and other things I am interested in...
Hugs,
Betsy
Post a Comment