HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Monday, March 14, 2011

Khrystibear told me today that she thought she heard an OWL the other morning- about 6:30 A M. She said it was a soft, melodious, little "Hoot, hoot." You may not see this as* just incredible*, but we do. I've never, ever heard an owl. The whole idea is simply wonderful!!! I have been much more aware of birds since I befriended Betsy, Sunny, and Diane on the blogging network. They publish such beautiful pictures of many kinds of birds. I look for birds now. And although we are still very limited with the possibilities of seeing them here, we do have more woodsy areas than before, and we aren't very far at all from the Canyons. If I even hear a little Owl hoot, I will feel blessed indeed.

2 comments:

JoAnna said...

That's AWESOME! I will pray for you to hear an owl. You deserve it.
I am amazed at all the different bird sounds we hear living where we are now. It's really cool!

sagebrushandsneezes said...

I heard the first meadowlark yesterday morning. It is such a beautiful sound....remember, Diana taught us "Wyoming's a pretty little state"? I love birds too. We don't have much variety out here, but I am sometimes surprised by what I come upon, like Strawberry finches hanging from my big sunflowers munching on the seeds. But I will always be jealous of your quail!

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.