HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Sunday, September 28, 2008

HAVE SOME COCOA AND A COOKIE.....

There's a lot to talk about here from the last few days, a lot about our identities and self concepts, choices and opportunities. I wish we could all come over for a nice long chat for the afternoon. All of you have such good things to say. I really appreciate your comments, ideas, and responses. I feel like we can all learn something and vent our frustrations as well. It seems very timely that General Conference is next weekend as we all search for answers to life questions and circumstances that may influence us and our families for a long time. Saturday's Women's broadcast was so in tune with much of what we've been talking about lately. Isn't it almost suprising that the council is so adapted to our own personal struggles? (Almost, but not ever very surprising.) I miss Pres. Faust and Pres. Hinckley. They were so personal and so much like sweet grandpa's. But there is never want for fulfillment in this gospel. I'm looking forward to all the spiritual feasting coming up.

It's Monday. Everything is good. For those who don't know already, Gina and Matt are home safe. It's good to have them back, and no doubt they have lots of fun to remember through the winter. Khrystine has today off so it's a free day. We hauled out the trash for the pick-up Saturday, so that's done. Aunt Marie and her family are home from the funeral in San Diego. Today is Joan of Kent's birthday....You're thinking What???...I'll tell you later. She's your ancestor. Tomorrow is Aunt Shelly's birthday and next week is Ben's!!!! Get your cards and stamps out or your phones charged up. I'll post new birthdays on the family history blogs for October. So have a good day. Enjoy the weather. I'll type to you later.

6 comments:

JoAnna said...

A cookie and hot cocoa and an afternoon with my mommy sounds SO good right now I could just cry thinking about it.

mudderbear said...

I would love to have an Autumn tea party with everyone. Wouldn't it be great!!!! We could just talk all day long and have chocolate sodas and strawberries. But you can come by and we'll have an old fashioned 'therapy' session again just for the fun of it.

Judie and George said...

This post sounds positively pleasant, like the coming week is something good. You paint a lovely picture. And I like the idea of a tea party for autumn. We have had some beautiful weather this past week, and a tea party on the deck would have been great. Fall is a wonderful time of the year. I love the warm days and the crisp nights. Does Jak live near you?

mudderbear said...

She does. She lives in West Valley in a cute apartment. Heather and Mel are my daughters-in-law as well. Mel lives in Tallahassee with my Ben and their two babies. Heather in in South/West Jordan. She married my Stephen last year and now I have more than twice the number of grandchildren. And that's good because I used to have only three. Now I have to count on my fingers to get the number. The last three years or so have been quite tumultuous for everybody but we have been blessed and are so much better off now than before. All my kids are amazing....really great kids. It's ironic that the baby in my picture here is a "borrowed" child who was here for a family picnic. I don't even remember the girl's name who 'owns' him.

mudderbear said...

PS...JoAnna (jak) is expecting her first baby and feels like...______(you fill it in)

mudderbear said...

judie...I hope you know I'm really worrying about you and your ER incident. You've brightened my life up so much. I really hope you're okay and there's nothing to worry about. Do you know what happened? Did you just pass out?? Is it hard for you to breathe? It's so good you have so much support, thank heaven. Be careful....have some extra hot chocolate and get plenty of rest.

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.