who is Jack Kerouac??? I thought I heard something a bit out of the ordinary the other day with his name. I do not know anything about him, except I liked the quote I posted. I picked that up on Goodreads.
Khrystibear I expect you to comment on this.
Everyone else, please enlighten me if you can.
HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011
one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
GREAT CONNECTIONS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
15 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
12 years ago
-
-
OUR FAMILY MANTRA
"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."
quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks
4 comments:
Google him--he is in Wikipedia. He was an author from 1922-1969. I don't know anything about him, except that you can Goodle him.
I thought he was a beat-nik (how do you spell that?) poet. Do you remember in "So I Married an Axe Murderer" when they get up and do their poetry to some kind of music/rythm? "Harriet, HAR-i-et..." I thought he was like that back in whatever time they did that kind of stuff.
thanks to you both. Actually I don't really care. I thought I heard a comment on t.v. like maybe he's not a very admirable person. That made me wonder if I'm giving anyone the wrong thoughts.
I'll just leave it alone for awhile. I guess it doesn't matter.
That Har-i-et scene makes me laugh just thinking about it!
Post a Comment