I love snow. Mother Nature has covered the world with about 8 inches so far this morning. I love looking out my window and seeing everything blanketed in white serenity as far as I can see. The world is still and quiet.
Snow is amazing. It's water! Every little flake is a drop of water dressed up in crystal beauty. And one by one, they float down from the sky and gently join the others on the trees. Why does the weatherman always report the arrival of snow as "mother nature has dumped"? It takes hours for those snowflakes to get from a cloud to the earth. Unless you go out in your car and fight it, it's all pristine and beautiful.
Today, many schools and businesses have closed for the day because of the snow. Good idea. It's a perfect day to stay home, with your family or loved ones, or even just the dog, and relax with hot chocolate or chili and let your own thoughts drift and float in your mind. It's a rather rare opportunity to get in touch with yourself again....read a book...make cookies...cut out a new blouse to sew...muse. Hmm, I believe I shall be off for the day. There are things to do that can only be enjoyed this way once in a long while when it snows. I love it. I hope you love it too.
6 years ago
3 comments:
What a beautiful post. I love your thoughts on how long it takes for a flake to fall. I wish I could be home today- it's a worse Monday than usual. But it's almost over and I enjoyed reading such a calming thought. I hope you enjoyed your day.
Ma, are you sure they didn't close down for MLK, Jr. day?
you've been tagged, go to my blog for instructions
Post a Comment