HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Our apartment was flooded Friday afternoon from an outside spigot.   The maintenance/clean-up crew  was there immediately.  Still it's amazing how quickly a place can soak up water.  Luckily it only filled the master bedroom and bathroom, and moved into half the living room.   Anything that had been on the floor or against a wall was moved into the opposite side of the house and piled and piled and piled up.  The Hutch was moved, all the bedroom furnishings, the bed, it's all in the other part of the house. We have to squeeze and twist to get through.  Machines and large fans were strategically placed, the air conditioner was set, and we were instructed not to change anything.  The house would probably be too warm to be comfortable in. Baseboards were pulled off so holes could be drilled into the walls for ventilation to help the drying.   Naturally the crew doing all this didn't give a thought about anything they were moving.  They just picked things up and found a place that would hold it.  They work very quickly.  So having no bed to sleep in and no chair to sit on, and cooking being rather out of the question,  we suddenly realized we are basically homeless.   There is noplace to go.    What a strange feeling that is.  We have nowhere to go.

It turned out like this:  Papabear decided he would be okay staying in Krush's room.  It hadn't been touched and was farthest from the mess.  He has been alright... and, get this, he is freezing and is glad to have  Krush's down comforter on the bed.    Krush, Khrystine, and I were taken to Junior's house. Bless her..Junior is always such an angel.   We've been there now since Friday night.   I'm thinking I'll go back tomorrow/Monday and see how things are going.   I really need to sleep in a bed. But I might not have one yet.   I don't have a car anymore,  so I'll be stuck there.   If the apartment is very warm, I don't think I can cope with that.   I might stay up here with Junior and Krush.   Khrys has a very full schedule at the  *U*.....not sure how she'll work that out.

Anyway, thought I would let you all know what's going on right now.  We're fine and this is nothing really,   but you sure do think about a few "what if ?"s, like "gee, I should have brought my phone charger,"  and "I need cookies !!! "

1 comment:

JoAnna said...

Cookies!!! Maybe that's what I can do for you! We are good at cookies. I wish I could help. You can stay here but you need a car to get here and we don't have any more beds either. Aye!

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.