
Today is the first in a few weeks where it actually seems possible for me to get any domestic work done. Whew! We've been so busy with outside things. Khrystibear acquired a job as an English tutor that requires her presence at various homes or other places where she meets her students. Her friend and co-worker also teaches at the same time. Her friend teaches Math and Khrys teaches English and helps with book reports. Naturally I have volunteered to chauffer them both as neither of them has a car and I would be giving Khrys a ride anyway, so might as well pick up the other teacher, right? I don't mind doing this at all. It's a nice job for them and they are good at what they do. I'm also usually good for giving Khrys a ride wherever else she needs to go....coffee with friends, downtown to the International Festival, returning movies to the Library. It's my life, and I don't mind getting out of the house for a bit. Krush has settled in and is doing well. She is a great help to me and often runs out to do grocery shopping. She really works hard to help out, but she also has a difficult time with her health and doesn't feel good most of the time. Our apartment is constantly being turned upside down and shaken, which require a general unloading and messing up every week or two. We are almost always disheveled. Stuff gets pulled out but putting it back takes more thinking and planning, and time. Oh well. It's okay to get nudged in the general direction. And then there's poor little Toby. He has become so old....16 dog years old...puts him somewhere near 100 in human years. He is blind and deaf. His hips are bad and he walks funny. He is incontinent and we have him in diapers now. He sleeps 24 hours a day and gets asthma attacks from walking outside, where he falls off the curb because he doesn't see where he's going. He's a sweet old boy, but on the downhill slide.
Good news is Ben and Melanie will be coming out in July for awhile. They are homesick. We can't wait to see them. It's wonderful. They have three little boys that we can't wait to get to know better. Maybe they will even be up for hugs this time. Woo hooo!!!!! And they bring so much comfort with them. It's difficult to explain what that means. It means I really miss them, I guess.
And there you have a very long update. How are you? And what's new??? We are fine. ^.^) Hope to hear from all of you soon. It appears all of us in blogland are being kept quite busy. May you be blessed.
2 comments:
Yes---we are busy, but not too much with family... We did visit one of my sons and his bride-to-be last week at their home in Dalton, GA. It's about a 2.5 hour drive --so we don't see them as much as we'd like...All of the other kids are far away!!!!
BUT--life is great for us. Our yard is showing off now with color. We still travel some and do hiking and walking.. I still love my birds... Life is simple --and I love it.
Glad your life is so good now.
Hugs,
Betsy
Love your quote. It is very fitting! You do Khrys a lot of good I'm sure. Your patience in driving is to be admired :)
Post a Comment