HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I AM THANKFUL FOR MY MOTHER



Who told me "You can do it," when I was afraid of taking on something new.

Who saw to it that I accomplished things a bit more perfectly than I had tried to do.

Who always had a book by her bed that she was reading and gave her children presents at Christmas of books and lockets and perfumes in boxes of soft pink blouses or sweaters.

Who, more and more, became a good friend as life went on.

Who was spunky and cute with a free spirit that was fiesty and fearless, honest and kind.

Who always gave double what was asked of her.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Your mother was such a pretty lady. And her spirit lives on in you. Loved this reminiscence of a wonderful woman. I'm sure she would be so proud.

Diane said...

No wonder you're such a sweetheart Rosalie. What a lovely role model she was. She was so pretty and passed that beauty on to you, too. What a lovely post this is. Blessings to you today, Diane

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.