HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Saturday, November 19, 2011

GOOD DEFINE OF BOHO....BOHEMIAN from Domestications on Facebook.


I found this explanation today on my Facebook wall. It's a good explanation of what I mean when I say my style is Boho or Bohemian. I don't really want to run around with a scarf on my hair and dressed like a Hippie. [the photo on the left is just for whimsy] I never was a Hippie. But I like the ecclectic mixes and freedom of expression in Boho, having things because you like them more than because it goes with the latest fashion dictates. The collages of fashion I post are for fun and play. Plus they help develop my own tastes. Gracious, I DO realize I couldn't wear these things no matter how much I want to. But I can dream and adapt a little here and there. Last winter I discovered scarves are a good fashion adaption piece. I'll probably carry on with that this year. Purses and jewelry are still workable. Shoes are very difficult for me. Is going barefoot an option?? The clothes are for dreaming. And Boho is the fashion, mainly, if wishes could really come true. ^.^)

the following showed up on my Facebook wall today in the Domestications spot. It defines furniture and home decor. My taste for home decor is different, but my own style for wardrobe and fashion is a lot like this.

“Boho” refers to Bohemian, a style that’s noted for its eclectic sensibility. Modern pieces are combined with vintage for a look that’s funky, functional and fun.

Flea markets are a great source for furniture and accessories for your boho room. Antique chairs and accent tables can be spray painted with a bright pop of color. Distressed furniture adds warmth and personality, as rubbed edges and small nicks are celebrated rather than hidden.

Fabrics lean toward sheers on windows and chintz or textured solids on upholstery.

Serious and solid furniture pieces such as consoles, desks and tables are refreshed by the addition of whimsical art or lighthearted lighting.

Boho rooms are all about combinations, juxtapositions and surprises, tied together with a common theme of comfort and a dash of vintage.

Photo from Tracy Porter blog. seen on the Facebook spot.

3 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DEAREST MUDDER BEAR!!!!!!

I actually have come to love the BOHO look through blogging. So many bloggers have featured interiors with this style and it has grown on me!!!! THANK YOU for your kind and wonderful words today. MERCI, GRACIAS, DANK U, DANKE, OBRIGADA TO YOU!!!! Anita

Diane said...

We share a lot of the same things - apparently one of them going barefoot!! Diane

Karen said...

Someone told me once my decorating style was Early American Hodgepodge. I thought it was a compliment until I found out later it wasn't. LOL


No matter, I know my style is definitely BOHO after reading your post. I have more mismatched antique furniture than anyone I know. And I love it!

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.