HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Sunday, July 17, 2011

MOVIE VIEWS....HARRY POTTER


I hate to sound cliche but this movie was really good. The kids have grown up and the adventure comes to conclusion. I haven't been a huge H P fan, haven't read the books, but I have liked it more and more as the films progressed. What really did it for me was getting Aurora's movie set and watching it from #one through #five all in one week, keeping the continuity in check. Then Aurora and Khrys insisted I see #6 at the theatre and then this final one. [It was for Aurora's birthday. I got to go along. ^.^) ] There are so many characters in the mix that you are drawn into things on several levels and 'dragons' play background and enhancement rather than a main focus. Potter and friends are morphing into adults in a logical and impressive fashion. Their quest takes on proportions that are adult themed and have lasting value. Potter knows who he is by now and that plays out very well. And, I might add, it has been a long time since I've heard sniffing throughout a movie audience. I wouldn't recommend taking children to this, it's way past their maturity. Enjoy!!

3 comments:

JoAnna said...

I'm glad you liked it and hope you ate lots of popcorn and Coke! I watched a few of the movies all in one weekend on cable when Jeff and I were first together and liked them more than I thought I would. I'll have to try to see them all. Watching them for continuity makes sense to me!

Diane said...

I haven't watched Harry Potter nor read the books. I think I will. Do you think it would be better to read the book first or watch the movie? (The book would keep me busy a WHOLE lot longer.) Have a beautiful day Rosalie. Diane

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Haven't seen it ---probably won't. (Haven't seen any of them)... BUT--when the books first came out, my school teacher friend was thrilled since it made her elementary age kids WANT to read. That is a good thing.

Hugs,
Betsy

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.