
Two or three weeks ago, Papabear watched an interview with DAVID BROOKS, an op-ed columnist for The New York Times. His new book is [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL The Hidden Sources of Love, Character, and Achievement]. It reminds me of Desmond Morris's [The Naked Ape] as a study of behavior and development because the info is new and so interesting. I give it five stars out of five.
I was reading Morris's book in high school, a long time ago, but it had all my friends interested at the time and this has had a similer effect.
Papabear went out and bought the book right away and shared it with us. The next week he bought one for me, gave his to JoAnna, and replaced it for himself. That's not a bad sell, eh?
It is a socialogical study in a story format. That in itself is new to me and it is very entertaining and informative at the same time. I am currentlyl reading about babies and their brain development, and it is fascinating. That could be because we have a few babies in the family to watch now where we can look for actualization of Brooks's information. For example: it really is fun to watch little-two month old-Caius flirting and manipulating his mother. Bet you didn't know they could do that at such a young age, did you? That and lots of other explanations for your child's behavior provide so much that's good to know. It could take a lot of pressure off child rearing...... or you understand things you were doing forty years ago. Either way, it's always fun to learn about what makes us tick, showing that we are all in the same boat here in life and perhaps we are all quite normal after all. I highly recommend this one. It is so easy to grasp the concepts and stays entertaining throughout. Look for quotes posted from time to time here on my blogspot. I'll want to share some with you.
1 comment:
Sounds interesting. I'll be watching for your comments on the book. Hope you're doing well Rosalie. When I was in SLC many years ago it was about this time of the years and I was amazed at all of the roses and their lush growth. Is it still that way? To answer your question about Rascal and I walking to the garden, no, I drive. Blessings, Diane
Post a Comment