HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Last week we were wonderfully surprised. Steve called from Arkansas and said he was coming back home. He has been gone a year but it seems like so much more. Naturally as a mom, I worried that it might be never ever. He got on the Greyhound bus and traveled for four days. There were a lot of mess ups along the way. I'm not sure I can recommend that mode of travel. Part of the time he and others on the bus were left in Denver to wait until the next day for the ride to continue. AAAGGHHHHH......I can't imagine where that company got the nerve to do that to their customers. But, after three days on the bus, Steve got to sleep in a bed and have some decent meals while he waited in Denver. He got to Salt Lake the next night, Friday about 10:00 o'clock. What a week he had. We spent the next two days celebrating his safe arrival and catching up, going to La Frontera for some real Mexican food. [Ben we'll see you soon and celebrate there again for you.] Mama (me) is very happy. And hey, Steve went to church with us this morning too. We are all very happy.


Picture here is me. And below is Papabear, James, Gina, Steve, and Matt with little Hunter Lynn in the middle.

6 comments:

the paris apartment said...

I'm so happy you're finally with Steve! What a trek, I bet he's glad to be back in your kitchen and arms!

Diane said...

I'm happy for you and your family Rosalie. You look pretty happy in that picture, you're a pretty gal. Your dog is really enjoying all that attention, too. Have a wonderful day. Diane

Unknown said...

nice to have most of the family back together anyway.... Im so glad you're happy, I know you worried a lot! Onward and upward

Benjamin said...

Congratulations! This is truly wonderful news! I am so happy for you! I can only imagine how wonderful you must feel! La Frontera is so delicious! Oh, and Steve being back home is cool, too. I almost forgot to mention that.

auntie-m said...

Hooray! Welcome home Steve!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Rosalie, Love the pictures... The one of you is GREAT.. I know you are thrilled to have Steve come home. How long will he stay? I'm sure he's thrilled to see the family again --and so are YOU. Enjoy that handsome young man!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.