HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Wednesday, May 25, 2011



This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers by justmeRosalie/mudderbear May 2011.

This is good for anyone hoping to understand the complexities of POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER. There is a lot of explanation of what it is and what is being done for it in the medical world as well as on the military medical level. It is plainly stated and well organized. I especially liked chapter four with explanations of cultural and religious differences in the world that affect the treatment of PTSD. end of review

I want to share a quote from this book that I found interesting. It is about the book of JOB in the OLD TESTAMENT. page 67 "The book of Job, then, is not an effort to explain why humans suffer, but instead to suggest how to behave in suffering, that is by accepting that sometimes tragedies occur for no particular reason, and that rather than blame ourselves or God, we should stay connected to God in our search for comfort." I've been taught that this lifetime is a test to see if we will be obedient and/or not forget God while we are here. It has always been difficult to understand Job's trials. The current trials of this world are also hard to put in perspective and make any sense out of. Maybe this sentence can help a little.

4 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Very good info, Rosalie. I hope that lots of people read your blog today ---AND also the book.

Hugs,
Betsy

Diane said...

Thanks, Rosalie, Job's lesson is one of the biggest lessons we could ever learn.

Being tested makes me think of Mother. She said, "We've been put here to learn lessons and we will remain here until we learn all of them, the last one I have to learn is patience........Diane, I may never die!!!!!"

Diane said...

P. S. I love your rainy little bird.

The Damsel said...

This picture is perfect. Its melancholy, but hopeful. Love.

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.