HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Monday, March 7, 2011

MY FIRST PACKAGE FROM ETSY..........

I was reading Diane's Pinecones & Roses blog last week and decided to go over and check out her shop on Etsy. I was enchanted with what you see above. It arrived in the mail just a few days ago, packed just like a birthday present. I was thrilled.

This is the little plate that caught my eye first and took my breath away. It's a butterpat plate, just the right size for a one person serving of butter. I loved the bluebird on white. This little plate takes me back as far as I can remember. It reminds me of being in my Greatgrandmother's house where everything was so pristine and pretty. I also remember being in a bathroom at that time of my life, with white tile walls and floor, and a sink where a lovely blue and white dish held a fragrant bar of soap. There was nothing else in that room, yet I remember it to this day. It was enchanting. Always there has been a yearning in my heart for a little soap dish like that, and the bathroom too, for that matter. This little plate had to be mine.

Looking at the other lovelies, there was this pitcher,
so pretty and prim with such complimentary coloring
to the plate. It is a match made in heaven. I was so
afraid it would be sold.
Just a few days later, it all arrived, boxed up like a
Birthday Present, including two of Diane's
beautiful hand-made tags. They are exquisite.
I am one happy camper here. I have pictures of
my Greatgrandmother and Greatgrand aunts and
doilies they have crocheted. When I get this all
set up and displayed I will post pictures. Thank you for all the fun, Diane.

8 comments:

Marie said...

These are exquisite! You have such a memory! Do you remember staying in a hotel, up stairs,lots of dark wood, the bathroom down the hall? I have no idea where, but I remember, am haunted by the wonderful smell of the soap. I don't have very detailed memories. But I am excited about your lovely dishes. The little bird is very much like the pie plate that you gave me a few years ago. Have lot of fun with your creating! Can't wait to see it all.

Diane said...

Oh, Rosalie, you did a lovely post on these things. I can't wait till you get them all put out, don't forget to take pictures. Blessings, Diane

JoAnna said...

This is wonderful! I love the quail pics too! Don't be critical. Just enjoy and know you made me smile.
I had a dream about going with you to a wonderful little antique shop. I found a perfect little doll/toy cupboard for Rayne and had some money... but it turned out to be $2000 and already sold to Khrys' friend Natalie S. Haha! I woke up really wishing for it. Silly hu?
I love your nostalgia. It's been good for me in my life!

George said...

The plate and the pitcher are both beautiful. I'm glad you found them.
Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Rosalie, We had a fabulous trip. Thanks for wishing George a Happy Birthday.

Your new 'present' is adorable. Both the vase and the plate are gorgeous... AND--I'm glad you got some of Diane's tags... She is a great friend of mine.

Hugs,
Betsy

cry-baby sister said...

After reading some of your friends' blogs I am not sure how I feel. Everyone seems so happy........ content with their lives. In control. I think I used to feel that way. "Happiness is a state of mind, not a result of circumstances" was my motto. But something has happened. Maybe some of those circumstances have caught up to me. Maybe I turned 60! Yikes, 61 is just a week away. I think I am all grown up, but I didn't quite turn out the way I thought I wanted to.......hmmmm. I am looking forward to our getaway. I think I had better start keeping a "Gratitude" journal. It was a lovely day today. I went for a walk and it felt wonderful. Seeing all the new grass in the fields reminds me of Star Valley. The little tufts of grass amongst the rocks and dirt. the totally unmanicured look. Know what I mean. Maybe the winter has just been too long.

that cry-baby again said...

Maybe the Power of Positive Thinking?

mudderbear said...

Dear Cry-baby...Positive Thinking never works. Don't bother with That!!!!! ^.^)

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.