HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

MUCH NOTHING ABOUT EVERYTHING

It looks a lot like everyone I blog with is on hiatus, including myself. Nothing has happened for a long time. Is this the winter doldrums some say strike you in January, low energy, a bah humbug attitude??
Perhaps my health is waning. I notice a decline in my own energy when there are no nuts available. I can fix that...go to the store...yawn, blah.
I miss my boys terribly. I can't help worrying, a lot sometimes, about how they are and if they are safe, everything I worried about when they were little. And I never see Gina or hear from her. I suppose we don't have a whole lot to talk about, but I miss her. I worry about Dolly. And Melody and Ronny's plight. I wonder if Lisa is okay. And Marie, who must be about worn out by now. I don't know how to help Heather or the boys. Papabear is not very frisky. He is planning to get shots in his eyeballs!!!!!!????? Is Karen alright and how is Brandy doing? Where will I go if I don't make it to Heaven?? Will there be bugs in the Spring we have to battle? Well, I don't know. I've never had bugs to deal with, but we are on ground level now?? Is Khrystine's thyroid medication kicking into gear?? Is James okay? What about JoAnna?

Perhaps a rousing SUPER BOWL PARTY will help.

5 comments:

June said...

Hi Rosalie,
Yes it certainly sounds like you have the January blahs! But now that it is Feb. we should be seeing a little more sun. I have been crazy busy, getting some things done in the house that have needed attention for quite awhile. And I have been getting rid of a lot. It feels so good to let go of the 'stuff' in my life.
wishing you a beuatiful Wed. my friend!
hugs

JoAnna said...

Aha! A Super Bowl party. FABULOUS idea. I just invited myself and I'll bring a pie :)
And, I told Rayne we'd make cupcakes for Valentine's day but everyone here is dieting. Perhaps I could use your oven? Feed the diabetics? That's not funny is it. I miss everyone too and the blogging. Rayne really insists on being a part of this now and it's hard to keep her away. She wants to play Daddy's games if she even looks at the computer. Which really just means pounding the keyboard and stealing the mous32e3l
e
/w.698/784/12/

Diane said...

Spring will be here soon and then it will be better. In the meantime why don't you go get a pedicure or a new lamp. A pedicure always works for me and I feel like a new woman when I look at my feet. Remember you have friends - me for instance. Blessings, Diane

Marie said...

Well, as for me I am just letting go of a long sigh! I have a few days off, so what do I do now? It feels good to be home. I'm going to bake bread. Good nutrition always helps. (That means I've eaten all the choc. chips and cookies so there is no more temptation) And I have been making wonderful smoothies with my new smoothie maker...apricot, spinach, banana, pineapple, cucumber.....
this morning. I am reading a good book, the Whistling Season and I have taken up my crocheting. I really want to get this tablecloth done so that I can work on the doilie I stole from you. A bit of simplifying, tossing out here and there(my last trip to SL really put me in the mood for that). And, oh guess what!!!! I found a teacup trio...cup, saucer, and sandwich/crumpet plate...for a reasonable price on ebay. It is the rose of Sharon pattern. The seller said it was a wedding gift to her mother in 1938! That is the pattern, the pinks, that Mama got as a wedding gift in 1938. I am quite thrilled. (What was that I said about simplifying?) Melody is in SL pretty much full time now, staying at the Ronald McDonald house. She has a lovely room in one of those beautiful old houses up by the U. Matthew has surgery on Monday, he will be at 37 weeks. I'm really hoping he will be home for my birthday. Am I blogging yet?!?!? I am looking forward to a getaway this spring and I wish you would come out for a visit sometime in the near future. There are many things I should be doing, blah, blah,blah. But I am afraid I have to do what I have to do to get through the next month and possibly, quite probably, more. It is simply a matter of survival. So, relax. Put out your pretty dolls. Sip a cup of tea,tisane that is(herbal tea) from a pretty teacup. Or a cherry coke from a lovely goblet and do what it takes to survive. Spring is coming! Along with roses and flowers and butterflies.....
ahhhh, Love to you. (Thanks for the wonderful company on my last visit)

Unknown said...

The boys and I are just fine... super busy as always, my MRI was nothing terribly serious, just annoying. I have a degererative disk at L1 (between that vertebrae and my tailbone, causing all the nerve irritations) and a bulging disk between L4 and L5, so it's contained to a small area in my lower back, first round of treatment will be physical therapy... I'll try it I suppose. I started back at the gym, should have done that a long time ago. The boys are fine, bored, it's been winter too long and they need to play outside in the sunshine. They're overly unsupervised as I feel like I'm always at work or doing homework. But we're surviving. Just let us know when you're available, don't like to just pop in on people, especially with the boys, they stress me out in other people's homes. To busy and touchy...

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.