
Just for today, I will resolve to............
I like the idea of doing one thing at a time, one day at a time. And where did I hear the idea presented paralleling this to the Twelve Days of Christmas song?? In the song, "my true love brought to me".......... each of the twelve days the true love brings a new gift, but also all the previous gifts again.So in the end you have..???++-??#!!???? twelve partridges? Or no that would be one on the first day, two on the next, that's three total....and on the next.. ...or all added together........?????????? Anyway, the point is that it accumulates. I remember now. This was part of a talk in church by our Bishop. And simply put, you add one thing at a time while keeping all the rest. So rather than making a whole list of resolutions, [are we still on that page? Are you still keeping them??] for today I resolve to.....
1. slow down and be tranquil. I once heard someone say "A Lady never hurries." This would show more control, don't you think?
2.NOT look like I just pulled myself out from under the bed. Translation: Look nice/presentable/ready to leave the house if something should come up. This just isn't easy for me. I will need to take some time for myself to put myself together, which should mete out some organization and more self confidence.
3. speak softly, be more patient, and considerate of others. Not being hurried/frazzled should have a calming effect on others as well as portending all is well.
My goal is to develop femininity and graciousness, an old-fashioned softness, if you will. I'll do this today and see if it makes a difference. Also, I'm going to find a nice, soft, fragrance to wear. Fragrance so reminds me of these virtues.....Ah you see what word I just used? It's working already. And I am standing up straighter and quietly planning what to have for dinner. I'm in control. This is very satisfying..............
The print/photo was found on hprint.com.... a wonderful place to visit.
2 comments:
Hi Rosalie
Thank you so much for visiting my blog At Wits End. Anita made it for me to think serious while playing at the same time. I appreciate your post on resolutions. They all make sense and apply to me too.
Warm regards from a very chilly midwest.
Ruben
You may enjoy my other blog (brand new) called "Heavenly Minded & Earthly Good."
http://heavenlymindedandearthlygood.blogspot.com/
It's always good to find persons with desire for personal growth and the good of others.
Beautiful...Good luck to you!
Post a Comment