HAPPY NEW YEAR ...... It is 8:35 A M on the first day of the new year. Everyone here is still sleeping. Things are silent, except for the laundry machines spinning around. Haha...laundry first thing of the new year. (How dull is that!!) And cold, snowy weather. Ben, you guys would hate it for sure. [Ben and his family live in Tallahassee. They will probably have swimsuit weather next month.] After the past few winters here, where I almost never even wore a coat, this is flipping to the other extreme with lots of snow and Arctic chills in the air. We've had a few "blizzards" already and folks have found it sensible to grab a loaf of bread on their ways home and stay put for a day or two. Nothing scary, and Hey, that's how it goes here from time to time. You gotta love it to survive.
It's now 8:52 on Sunday night. The holidays are officially over, in my book anyway. My life feels crowded and cluttered. My house IS crowded and cluttered. I feel like I'm moving in all over again with no place to put things away and I can't find what I'm looking for. Well, we'll just have to start over and perhaps things will fit better the second time around. I'm actually looking forward to Spring and some sunnier weather. And a good book to read. Papabear gave me a book for Christmas. It is [BONHOEFFER] by Eric Metaxas, a bestseller about this man's devotion to Christianity. I have also been meaning to read [ZORBA THE GREEK] since last summer. It's a much smaller book so I think I'll read ZORBA this week and then dive into BONHOEFFER. Oh yea, and rearrange things a bit here in the closets and re-evaluate my clothes. And get the carpet cleaned....................blah, blah, blah!!!! Are you bored yet??? Yup, me too.
HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011
one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
GREAT CONNECTIONS
OUR FAMILY MANTRA
"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."
quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks
1 comment:
Ooo I am so excited for both those books. You will post reviews I hope.
Post a Comment