Hello again. I am borrowing Khrystine's laptop once more so I can drop in for a minute.
Papabear came home today and is telling me about the comments Judie has left me. He's reading my page and I don't get to see it. Hmmmph!!!!
I haven't done anything about my computer. I've been very busy plus it seemed sensible to break my computer addiction this way. I don't know if that's such a good idea. I miss you all and this has been such a good way to stay in touch. How are you?
The biggest development here has been that we've decided to downsize our life and prepare for retirement, so I've been searching for an apartment to move into. That is a time consuming job. But yesterday, when I had planned to stay home and get domestic, Khrystibear talked me into going out to look some more. Nothing looked very good, and so we thought we'd check just one more place and then quit for the day. Well, it turned out, this last stop took us to the place of our dreams. It is beautiful, spacious, good windows, ground floor (no stairs) with an interesting floor plan. We couldn't believe it! Khrys actually gasped when she walked in. Isn't that how it goes?? It's like you have to give up before things come your way. Papabear had the deal sealed and delivered by 6:00 o'clock tonight. We can pick up the keys on Friday. I'm thinking each of us will grab a towel and a bar of soap and first thing we'll each do is take a shower!! Haha....we don't have a shower in this house and with the super hot weather......yup...I suspect that's the first thing I'm doing!!!! Oh yea..........
So I will keep you posted on the progress. We are very happy about this. I knew there had to be a pretty place somewhere out there......yup!!!!! It is nice.....
6 years ago
6 comments:
What the holy crapness?!? Will this really happen? Signing the contract doesn't quite convince me with you guys. I've gotta call you ....
Yeah... I'm reading this on a blog cuz when i called yesterday (more than once) to ask, no one answered!!! I'll be calling too... and you might want to clarify that you do have a bathtub; not completely without! wink wink
I am very excited about this! You have to take pictures so we can all see it! Be prepared for some emotional moments as you let go of some things. With George home with the broken leg, it has been an interesting process. He's had some emotional moments too! YA HA! It's not just me who is having to make all those hard decisions. And now that we are down here, I am finding that it should probably get rid of even more things. We had one very difficult moment downsizing our plastic containers. How silly is that. George held them up and said they were the same size and which did I want?? Both, of course. Well, we got rid of about half. After all, how many leftovers will fit in a fridge at one time?
Wow, probably could have lost you if I hadn't talked to Khrys earlier... cool deal, that area is nice, I use to live up that way and it's closer to me! :) There room for everyone? and they take dogs?
What! Where! When! How exciting!
So this is really happening. I know you are going to be unbelievably busy for a spell. If you ever get a moment, give me a call. I want to know everything.
Congratulations!!
Glad to stumble upon your blog, Rosalie! Congrats on finding a new pad. :-)
Post a Comment