

When I was younger than sixteen, I dreamed of being thirty.
When I was forty, I was content.
At fifty, I held the line at fortytwo.
Never have I ever imagined being the age I turned today!!!
I haven't thought much about it or wanted to get here. And now that I am here, I don't think I'm gonna' like it much.
There are some nice perks that come with crossing the line of sixty.
Good friends...a lot less bills [so far]....not so much peer pressure or social adjustment. There is a more relaxed, accepting attitude toward folks and life in general. I don't have a whole lot of regret, although what regrets there are, definitely are not small ones. On the other hand, I don't feel accomplished, or smart, or talented at all. There are a million things I should be doing or have done by now. I think some will have to wait for the next life now.
I am secure in my faith. I love my husband and children. My kids are not embarassed to be seen in public with me.... (^.^).....They are in fact, my most favored companions. Friends are plentiful. My house is nice and I feel secure. It's all good. I am thankful for that. Making it this far just might count for something after all. And perhaps it's not too late to improve my health, and make strides in all those projects I've put off for so long. So onward and forward, before it's too late.
[Oh grief!!! If I ever stop wearing makeup I am really going to hate myself. But I'm so tired of putting it on and taking it off....sigh.....]
5 comments:
I certainly enjoy the optimism at the end of your post there. (Before your little comment about wearing makeup.) Keep it up! You've made some nice changes to your blog, by the way. I enjoy the flowers and baby pics!
Awe Mudderbear!!!!! Sixty is GOOD.... I'm almost 68--and love every minute of it... When I retired --I gave up the make-up --and am happy with the old woman I am now!!!!!
Happy Birthday!!! Glad you are so happy --with such a wonderful family...
Hugs,
Betsy
It isn't your birthday is it? If it is happy birthday! If it isn't - happy life! When I turned 50 I was pretty thrilled, middle of my life, now my life is mine to do with as I wanted (HAH!) the big 50 how fun. THEN I turned 60 and that was a real reality check. 60 - then I will be 70. Seventy's old! Well now I just turned 68. I think maybe I've gotten past what you're feeling. My goal is to finish well. To leave things well. To do a good job with my life. I know I haven't always but I hopefully still have time to fix my mistakes. Hang in there, you'll do fine. Diane
You and I almost share a birthday! Mine is the 23rd and I just turned 55. I only feel it when I garden too long and look in the mirror!LOL!
I hope you had a great day!
hugs
I am glad you feel so happy and positive, Rosalie! Love you!
Post a Comment