HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Friday, June 18, 2010

ROSALIE BY ANY OTHER NAME IS MUDDERBEAR

Many years ago, when my oldest little bear was about twelve years old, I had a job that took me out until midnight a few nights a week. Of course that meant that when I got home, the kids had all gone to bed. My oldest bear at this time would leave me little notes, taped to the bathroom mirror, that began "Dear Mudder,".......and were signed "love, Dudder." It was our special little code and is with us still. Later on down the road, when there was some conflict about, not between me and Dudder, but from perceived outside threats, I would puff myself up and growl, "Oh, don't mess with Mother Bear." Mother Bear quickly became Mudderbear and has stayed with me ever since.
I do enjoy watching bears, almost exclusively on film, of course. I do live in the city. And I remember watching a film someplace, somewhere, with little bear cubs frolicing about. They were delightful and so cute and reminded me of my own little baby boy so much that he could have been their twin. Bear cubs still remind me of my baby Ben.

Coming up with a blogspot title, it seemed perfectly natural to use MudderBear. So here I am.... and there you are....and now you know. I don't live in the country and I don't study or know much about bears. I wish I had a nice picture to post to represent me as a bear, but I worry about copywrite rules and/or where to get one. Posting this explanantion has been an idea in my head for awhile, since some of you might wonder why the title and nothing else about bears anywhere. Well, that's just how it is. Who knows what might develop next.

2 comments:

Judie and George said...

I love it. I think of all those really cute, cuddly little stuffed bears (of which I have a few)and think it is so charming. Is there anything as endearing as a cute little stuffed bear? I knew someone who had a great bear collection. At Christmas he would get all of them out to enjoy the tree and opening of gifts. He even took one backpacking. My friend, Cheryl, has a doll collection. She gets on the dolly board on the internet and it's quite social. One dolly board member invited other little dolls on a trip. Participants were mailed to her, took the trip, had their photos taken, and were returned to their owners. Makes me smile. You know, we have to enjoy life, and a little pretend is a good thing.

Thanks for inquiring about my eyes. I was back there again yesterday. I wish to wash my hands of the whole business!

Gina said...

Awww, now I know the meaning behind your name. That's a beautiful story, and a good reason behind your wonderful name, Mudderbear! :)

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.