Our little Rayne is sooo cute. I got to tend her again today for awhile. Apparantly going to a movie does wonders for her parents so they wanted to go again today.
Rayne is soo cute. She has the sweetest smile and her eyes lightup and smile before she does, so you see it coming. She was doing fine as mom and dad left, but as soon as they got out the door, she frowned that precious little frown and started to cry. It's hard to believe she is old enough to be aware that they were gone. Maybe she just didn't want to be at Grandma's. She feels fine if we stand up and walk with her. She is content to look at everything with great intent and is as peaceful as a lamb. But when her courier sits down she puts up such a fuss. And she stretches so hard and tries so to make you stand up again. Not an easy task for old people.
Oh well. The interesting part of this story is that, although Rayne kept up the crying almost all the time her parents were gone, right on cue as soon as her mom and dad walked in, she stopped crying. She had her dinner, past due you know, and smiled and talked and almost laughed all the way until they left. She surely has a light in her eyes for her daddy.
I don't remember three month old babies being aware of their parents absence. It seems way too soon, like, isn't that what happens at nine or ten months old? I could be wrong. Anyway, she had Khrystibear and me stumped pretty good. We were on the verge of panicing over all those really intense tears. Babies should come with instructions. Or perhaps mothers should make a journal of notes for reference later, for when the baby is a grandchild and no one remembers anything.
6 years ago
1 comment:
I'm sorry you had a hard time. She is quite cantankerous (sp???) but I feel bad for her too. Something gets to her and I don't think she's just ornery. I'm glad we could make her okay. And just so you know, she talks to you and Dad like no one else. Take that as a compliment! And I don't just mean the tears- the coos and smiles!
Post a Comment