I've been searching for an ancestor, one specifically, who has been a mystery and very difficult for forever. We have his name, but he changed his name way back there around 1800. We have the changed named also, but it doesn't help at all. AAAggghhhhh!
Well, I am learning a little about why genealogy hunting and temple work is called "work"! I have spent a few hours now trying to find a magic thread on the internet that will help me suddenly find the connection that will link a particular family together. I realize this time could very well have been spent doing other things that are important as well. Almost every try has lead to a dead-end. Oh well. I do have one hope and hoping I am. I need to find out just how much proof you must have to actually make a decisive claim on all those people, pre-1800. In the meantime I am learning somewhat to give up [sacrifice] for the hope of an accomplishment. I guess I need to learn about that.
6 years ago
1 comment:
Good for you! And good luck!
Post a Comment