Today, Papabear took me to the movies. We saw Twilight. It was good.
We didn't plan to see it, but then, we didn't plan to see anything. We got to the theatre and were able to get in, so that was that!
I haven't read any of the books, although everyone I know is talking about them, people of all ages and both sexes. Now we know why. Ms Meyer, has come up with something new and played it with an artistic expertise and balance that kept me totally involved in every aspect. The storyline is not the same old stuff we've all been seeing for the past many-many years, and it was a pleasure to be so completely given to all parts of the story for the entire length of it. And you know how much I love location and settings. There was no disappointment there either. The Pacific Northwest photography was breathtaking, and there was some very creative filming and stunts. The ending was no letdown either, and I did not see it coming. Papabear also enjoyed it completely. A good movie, this one is for everybody over ten years old. You should see it.
6 years ago
3 comments:
I am so glad you liked it! It got mixed reviews around here. A couple of the girls did not like it at all. The others did. The scenery truly was magnificent. I couldn't tell if I liked it because I had read the books or not. Sometimes I felt like they had to cut too much and the character development could have been more complete. I am glad to hear that you were able to follow the story without having read the book.
A bunch of the ladies at work went to the midnight opening of this and then came to work the next day! I hadn't heard much except they were excited to go (one girl was counting down the hours all week ahead) and you and Khrystine had mentioned it. I guess I'm out of the loop!
I'm outta the loop too... the kids have all seen it but we don't frequent movies anymore, it's an expensive nap more or less for Steve... rather do it at home in my pj's.... Shyanne liked it though and so did Em, James was so-so... thought the girl crazy thing was insane... typical boy. lol
Post a Comment