HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

'TIS A SAD CIRCUMSTANCE

I guess I am so bored, I don't know what to do with myself. I keep searching the blogs for something I haven't read yet. But I've read them all about a dozen times and probably commented that much too. Grief, I'm becoming a blog stalker. Also I want to blog, myself, but there isn't an interesting thought in my head.

Yes I have a million things to do and worry about. We are feeding the missionaries tomorrow night. I'll make the food. Papabear will be here to oversee the meal. Heather is having gall bladder surgery, also tomorrow. Naturally I hope to be there to help out in any way they need, probably take the twins for awhile. I should be doing all kinds of things right now. Perhaps it's just that everything in my house is very still, and I'm enjoying the calm before the storm. Could be that, and also that I require a lot of outside stimulation to get busy. Ho-hum. I think some lately of being old, of being left to myself most days and being unable to accomplish much. I can't believe it would come to that for me. But there are signs along the way. I had an almost impossible time reading titles on the books at the library Saturday, even bending over to look closer. And by the way, bending over was assisted for me by the walking stick I had with me. It helps a lot to have something to lean against so as not to fall over, which is a wee bit possible at this stage of the game. I can see myself falling slowly sidewards in slow motion, like Tim Conway used to do on his television show. I also gave the tub a good scrubbing, leaning forward for the most part,of course, and did myself in. It wasn't a pull on my legs that hurt, it was a lack of strenghth in my back that ached all day and made me very tired. The final blow came when Papabear announced last night how much the cost of my health insurance has increased now that I've reached the golden age of 60.!!
It looks like the reason so many people get old is that they just get too tired to fight off aging. The aging wins. Aggghhhh...I should never have typed that! You can't allow yourself to give-in to that way of thinking. Bah-humbug, I'd better get up and get moving.

6 comments:

JoAnna said...

This made me really sad! You can't get old! You have to help me with my baby... and many years to come! That said, be careful with such things as scrubbing the tub. There is a perfectly good 20 year old in your house... :) I guess that's probably not funny to her. Oops. But really, you have plenty of children that will help. Let me know what I can do for you.

Judie and George said...

Rosalie, you are so funny! I can't even scrub the tub! George does it because my back isn't much. And looking at book titles, well, I have glasses that are so useless that I do better without them. And guess what! I have cataracts! And I can't drive in the dark. I thought that was for people in their 80's. I was very offended by that! Isn't Jak sweet! What would we do without daughters? I sure do love mine. It's just that they are also so busy and we hate to bother them. Did I tell you I get to go to St. George for Christmas? Cori is down there, my youngest girl. She has three little girls of her own. It gives me something to look forward to, and I am excited about that. I find that I can sit and look at things very easily these days. I might want to get something done around here, but I don't do it because I am tired. So, I read, look for blogs (it has been really slow lately), and do family history. It's much more fun. If I lived by you, I'd pop in for a visit and commisterate with you!

Judie and George said...

I don't think people get too tired to fight it off. I think our priorities just change. Although I have to say that I did admit defeat about my appearance. My friend and I were talking, and decided it isn't about wrinkles, because we're going to have those. So we'll settle for soft skin. And I now call fashion camouflage. I also think elastic is my friend, which my girls would cringe about. After all, we have to move on, and this gets us ready to be resurrected into our most perfect state! I know my mother can't wait, and I am sure we will start focusing on that as well. We are just in transition right now, so the changes are irritating reminders of how life is changing for us. We need to just get comfortable with ourselves, just like we are and allow ourselves to be a little more tired, slower, and more inclined to spend our time as WE see fit.

Judie and George said...

Hi, I'm back. Just wanted to say that I love listening to your music.

mudderbear said...

It's great to have you back. I've been wondering how things are for you lately because I missed you.!!

mudderbear said...

thanks jak....I certainly miss having you home. Don't worry about it. Just take care of yourself.

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.