Today Khrys, Toby, and I were awakened before 8:00 o'clock, early for us, by the wonderful, fun laughter of Gavyn and Hunter in our living room. They were w- i -d e awake of course and so full of life. I must say it is difficult to be full of life these days at the crack of dawn....grrmmph! It takes a few minutes to get both eyes open at the same time for me. Anyway, we all managed to pull ourselves together and off we went, downtown, to the "brybary". It's such an adventure for them. I don't suppose they see that part of town unless we are taking them to the "brybary" so they aren't quite sure where they are or if they are there yet.
The downtown library has a really great children's floor. There are lots of pint-size sofas and chairs, a gazillion books, and seperate rooms to explore and play in. We planned to stay there all day. But it was lunch time and all our tumblies were rumbling so we went off to feast at McDonalds, of course. "Can we buy a toy? Can we buy a toy?" was the persisitent question. We tried to tell them, the question is "Are you hungry?" but that got so little response. "Where are we going?" asked Hunter. I replied "We are going crazy." His eyes Popped! "Crazy?" He was so excited, "Miss Khrystine, we're going crazy! Do you want to go to Crazy??!!" He was so excited....and he did say, Do you want to go to crazy? A slow exit gave the boys some time to practice yelling out the car window so they could hear their voices bounce off the concrete walls of the parking lot.
Gavyn spent some time convincing us he is a kid.....a boy? maybe, but definitely a kid. Things are confusing sometimes. At McD's we settled in to a very busy play place. It looked like there had been a mother's convention someplace and they had all brought their little one's over for lunch. Naturally it took Hunter all of, maybe five minutes, to 'pick-up' a new girlfriend. She was really cute, lots of curly blonde hair. Hunter brought her over and introduced her, holding her hand. She is his "best friend." Gavyn lost his new toy someplace. He really spent a lot of time looking for it. I thought it was only right that we buy him a new one and the nice man working there, let me buy just the car without a whole new meal to go with it. "I'm surprised that's all he lost," was his comment.
About 2:45 James and Emelia showed up to take the twins home. They are really a cute couple. I'm glad they are back together again. James would like to have more family outings so Emelia can get to know us better. You just can't ask for better than that. James is such a cool kid.
Khrystine stayed to get some reading done...in peace now... and here I am blogging about our wonderful day. I feel so lucky, like I have all the very most wonderful kids in the world. You just gotta' love 'em.....you just gotta'!!
And, believe me, if you want to rev up your metabolism, this is a very good way to do that.
6 years ago
3 comments:
I'm utterly impressed.... just thinking of taking them to the library gives me anxiety attacks, although I have taken them to the store with me twice now.... so we're getting better. I just don't think the public is ready for us.
Khrystibear is really good with them. They are sooo cute and I think they are even growing up a little.
Guess we'll see how tomorrow goes...:-} I'm the one who needs to be better prepared for them. I'm always about two weeks and a mile behind.
What a fun day. You're such a good gram-ma. And this is really neat for Khrystine. I'm sure it's good experience but also a neat bonding thing for her and the boys. I miss my Jamesy! And all of you!
Post a Comment