Life goes on. Things change. Today, I had to take my debit card into the bank for repairs....haha, like a car, get it?.....sorry : } Anyway, it has to be replaced and I was given the opportunity to order a new one with my own photograph on it.....or, in other words, whatever I wanted. I asked the clerk if he really thought I want to go home and look through all those photos of my children, grandchildren, etc and pick out the very best one. Not likely possible, is it? Just give me the plain old card, one that swipes like it's 'sposed to.
I've also been spending a lot of time finally settling my debts. It's a wonderful feeling to think they will be out of my hair. (Don't trust the pirates, though, they never go completely away.) Now, hopefully, I can settle down to a good old fashioned life of paying cash for almost everything and knowing just what I have in my pocket. It will be the simple life. Either I have the money or I don't. I've been using the bank card for several months and have to admit that I never knew just what I had or didn't. It's total craziness.. it doesn't work for me. So, no more buying. No more extending. Papabear and I have slipped into the 'comforts' of old age. We don't really need anything. And we don't want much. And anyway, we haven't got much money. Birthdays will be acknowledged with a card when they aren't forgotten. Dinners will be pot-luck. We can stop worrying about money, relax and just enjoy life. It should be quite nice. Likely, buying ice creams from the truck on the street for everybody will become our big 'hoorah', just like it was for my grandpa.
But, I will continue to tell myself I'm only forty-two years old, and still refuse to have any birthdays myself. I took my walking stick with me today just for assurance and to balance with. I tend to go off to the right as I walk sometimes. Not a big deal...just a precaution.
Is this getting to be long and boring.?? Zounds.....that's an old age thing. Can't have that. I'd better be going.
6 years ago
1 comment:
This is a peaceful post- I'm glad to hear it! And that's funny about the picture on your debit card. You're right, you can't choose just one to define your whole life. I think your whole post shows that life flows and changes. For people like me, that's kind of scary. Every time you feel like you've "arrived," you're really just getting started again! I like that this post shows it's okay. Let go of the old, take on the new. Settle in to where you ARE.
Post a Comment