HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Monday, July 28, 2008

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

This past weekend I've received three e-mail letters from different people all the same letter except for who the original sender is. Each one has a title, "my friend has a cousin/friend/etc. who knows somebody in Iraq...." blah blah blah. The mail is a reprint of a letter sent to this person from someone who is serving in Iraq and guess what it's all about??? It covers Obama's visit last week. Naturally it's very negative. It tells us that he was so aloof and rude to everyone and refused to shake the hands of the servicemen there. I assume it's up to me to be appalled by this and make a firm resolve to never vote for the man for President or anything else ever!!!!
Sorry it just doesn't work that way. For one, I've already pretty much made up my mind to vote for him anyway. For another, it seems that all this trouble with oil prices is something preconceived years ago by the...ahem...other people...to jack the prices up so the market value continues to rise for stockholders or something. That pretty much cools it in my book for the Republican party. I realize the way I'm saying this is very poorly done, but that doesn't change anything.
The big reason these letters cement in my mind that I respect Mr.Obama is this; if you think about it, what kind of sense does it make for a Presidential candidate to behave that way.? If he has taken the trouble to go over to Iraq, what possible thinking would cause him to treat so many people with arrogance and disrespect???? On the other hand, what a wonderful opportunity for the howling cats of the opposition to hurry and get this 'letter' started to discount him!!! It was just too much to resist.
How sad it is that there are those who sabotage honest campaigns. This e-mail prompts us to hurry and post this to our friends, and hey go ahead and send it to your enemies as well, the more the merrier. Hogwash. It's just too bad some people never grow up. They remind me of kids in elementary school scrambling about to tell secrets and dirt when they hear it. Grow up.....and stop being so stupid.

4 comments:

JoAnna said...

I'm glad you sent this. If I receive that email, I'll probably ignore it anyway- a lot of forwards get ignored in my email because I don't have time. But now I know it's not worth the read anyway. I'd like to hear more about your political views. What do you know? What have you read? As always, I try to keep up and read about things but... most of them turn out to have the value of this letter! Where can we go to get REAL news and info?

Judie and George said...

Well said! I just stopped by to say hello and yes, come to my blog anytime.

Judie and George said...

One more thing--I love your photos. I keep my family history photos as Ancestor Alley, an offshoot of my blog. I also have one for my husband's kids, Glerkd.

mudderbear said...

Yeah..Judie and George...
I'm so excited to see you here. Hope you are a frequent visitor.

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.