HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Sunday, July 13, 2008

BIBLIOMANIA

I am posting this particular blog so Ben can read it, mostly, because he was the one who introduced me to goodreads. Here is my adventure of the day involving books.

I went to church today. There was a good speaker giving a good talk who ended with a recommendation for two books by James I. Ferrell. I have not previously heard of this author but the talk was good and I wanted to check out the books.

Later in the day I was looking through my account on goodreads.com a place for those of us who read a lot and want to share our thoughts with others. If you know me, you know I don't remember exactly how I got to it, but, I found someone in Las Vegas who is reading the same book I am currently. So I invited her to be a friend and this led to the discovery that she is reading one of the books the speaker in church had recommended, and had also read the other one. Also, as a bonus for the day, I was able to look up the author in this same club and find out about him. What a coincidence. Of course, I had to send her a comment with an invite to be my friend on goodreads.

I am rather pleased with all this. It's fun to 'know' people out there with similer lives who read some of the books I do, in addition to those in my family of course, whom I love dearly We have some amazing discussions. I miss the ones with you Ben. Incidently, I have become a rather obsessed bibliomaniac. I have a list of 'to-read's about a mile long...loving every minute of it.

3 comments:

JoAnna said...

I know I'm not Benny, but I think it's great you have found this and can talk with other people of your same interests etc. What fun! I think it's very worthwhile intellectually and am glad you have it.

Benjamin said...

I'm glad you're having fun, Mom. Sorry I am just barely reading this post now! I wasn't trying to ignore you!

mudderbear said...

it's nice to see you here,
thank you both for commenting

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.