HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Monday, June 23, 2008

HMMMM.........I'M NOT THAT OLD!!!!!!!

Getting old must be hell. I'm determined not to get old, but my legs tell me something different. And I think "oh, I can change that!" But it remains to be seen, I guess.

It seems like everything around me is changing, just a little, changing by moving farther away from me. I realize a lot of it is symptomatic of 'the empty nest syndrome,' but that doesn't help much.

Too many of my close friends have died. Four or five are too many. My sister is next in line as far as I can tell, because she is getting old and rather cranky.

I think a lot about regrets and what I regret now. There must be about a thousand.

I'm very tired of putting up with little annoyances from other people....being the one to do all the crap they should do for themselves.

I have gained a fair amount of independance but that still leaves me alone.

When my back aches even just a little bit, it feels like I can't navigate and I feel very, very grumpy.

My house still gets dirty.. Old people have immaculate houses. Hmm...maybe i'm not old yet after all.

No comments:

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.