Okay, here's what happend today. I've been reading two books on tapping. You know what that is. You tap various spots on yourself while inputting thoughts into your mind to help change yourself or your life.
I was waiting in the car for Khrys to bring me a cherry coke and decided to try tapping some vitality into my life by using the methods I'd read about in the new books. I needed a kick start for the housework I was going home to. Tapping right-left right-left on designated spots of my energy meridian I tried to imagine my self being energetic and busy and going from one task to another with considerable speed and efficiency, getting lots of housework done. I focused. I tapped.... I tried to see myself full of vitality...Hmmm......nothing...okay...so the next step is to envision someone else that way whom you can copy. Right-left right-left... Nothing...No one! I could not think of anyone!!... What the crap??!!????? Nobody!!!?? There is nothing in my data bank that is vivacious and energetic??!!!! I can hardly believe it.!!!... I envisioned my mother...almost always sitting down,..my sisters, ..always relaxing in a chair...never doing housework or anything like it...my grandma, my aunts, my neighbors.......Nothing...I have no image in my mind that involves women being full of life and being spirited!! I couldn't bring up anything!!!.
Oddly, this was good. It was good because it explains so much. If there is nothing in your head to show you what you want to do, then you very likely might not do what it is you want to do. There is no data or image to copy or refer to.
But there it was.. an explanation for my laziness, for everything having to be a gargantuan job that takes hours to get done, for why it always has to be soooo hard. I could not find anything in my recollections about being energetic or efficient. It's no wonder I've read every housekeeping/organizing book I can get my hands on. I've been trying to realize an image for my mind to imitate. I've read all the how-to's, but haven't had the picture, the actualization to make it happen for ME!!This is a great discovery for me. I can create my self in my head, or look until I find a good role model to put in my head, and just tap that and I'll be on my way. That's how tapping works. It really is incredible. And the wonderful thing is, it is now being scientifically proven. Things are happening in this new scientific field. There is a new way to heal yourself. I am soooooo excited.
6 years ago
1 comment:
I think this is all very interesting. We really do need pictures in our head, examples, of how to do what we want to do. I think we also get a lot of pictures of wordly views etc that we need to be aware of so we can "take out the garbage." Not only do you not have a picture of energetic and efficient but you also have pictures of relaxing and sitting down. I think, in a way, these things teach us about "acceptable" behavior and it can be hard to break that mold. I think your discovering a need for a picture is great. We need something to replace the pre-recorded messages. I think it was a book by Dr. Phil that I read that has you really describe what it is you want. Not just say I want to be happy, but what does happy look like? Who do you talk to? What do they say? What does happy do at 3 in the afternoon? I thought it was great and I think you discovered the reason- it makes it real, concrete, gives your mind something to work toward.
Post a Comment