HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Friday, August 10, 2007

WHERE HAS ALL THE ROMANCE GONE?

I just discovered this forgotten (unfinished?) blog from weeks ago. I'm publishing it just because....because I'm a sentimental fool, I guess. And I haven't blogged for a long time and can't get anything going in my head for a subject. For what it's worth....

KBYU is doing their fund promotion for public television tonight with a 50's Pop Concert hosted by Robert Goulet. Music from the Fifties...FIFTY years ago...!During the 50's, my life spanned ages 2 years old to 12 years old so, must I say, I remembered every song that was sung? Each one caused me to breathe deep and sigh with all the nostalgia I could muster. Such wonderful, dreamy, wavy, floating in the clouds memories. For me, it's all about the music...hardly any association with a person or place in particular. I think that helps make it so ethereal as it blows my emotions around in the moonlight. I hope you have some wonderful memories of your own.Likely they involve a different era.

These songs of the 50's are so romantic. They are private and dreamy. I often think of slow dances or walking in the moonlight. (Of course, it is the street light, but it becomes moonlight with the music.) There are promises, and soft whispers, and poetry, and...romance.

Ahhhhh, where has all the romance gone? I miss it. Somehow songs that are singing, I'm hot, I'm hot... just don't evoke the same feelings. I miss the dreamy slow-dancing, romantic possibilities of the "good-old-days".

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

I always have to acknowledge a post about music. Here here! (or should I say, hear hear!)

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.