HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Friday, June 1, 2007

ARTBOOKS and KODACHROME

JoAnna and Jeff got married. It was such a beautiful wedding. Her Dad walked her down the aisle. JoAnna said she felt shaky and didn't know if she would make it. I told her to hold onto her dad, that's what he's there for. Also, she would probably have to help hold him up as well. Everything was pretty and fresh as Spring because it was a beautiful spring day. We were at Log Haven, in the mountains where the newly-growing flowers were popping out of the ground that still had patches of snow here and there. Khrystine helped her sister with the gown and getting dressed. Karen was the official photographer. Aurora and Brandy Carlson were the decor officiators. Most memorable of all was the fact that Jeff's father was the presiding pastor who performed the marriage ceremony. I think everything was perfect. If it wasn't, it wasn't noted. Guests included the most important people and they were almost all attending. The setting and music was perfect.

Last night I finished up my own scrapbooking of the event. The photographs are pasted and embellished and put in my book. Karen did a remarkable job on photography. And Dolly filled in with her own beautiful snapshots that rounded it all out to perfection.

In my own library I have several books of art that are very nice to peruse from time to time. The works of art found therein are amazing. But they are nowhere nearly as pleasureable as looking at pictures of JoAnna's wedding. Memories...ahhh...and seeing my little girl in her wedding gown, with her handsome, strong husband, looking so happy....it's just awesome. I will never tire of looking over this album,or Ben's or Gina's wedding pictures or the baby pictures. I can spend hours adoring my parents old albums and photographs of ancestors. I love to pull out my scrapbooks and drift lazily over the chronicles of life from ancestors down to our youngest. They make me happy. The artbooks I have in my library to look at are very nice and very beautiful, but they can't hold a candle to or give nearly the pleasure of my own treasures. Hmm, it has put me in a pensive mood. But, if you think mine are amazing, you should see JoAnna's book. It really is a work of art. Ain't life grand!

2 comments:

JoAnna said...

Wow, what a nice tribute. I agree completely with what you said about looking at our own people- it is like art somehow. One of the things I was most excited about my wedding (and I mean THINGS: cake, decorations, dress, not the love and committment etc) was our pictures.

I was looking at them one day and I thought you know why I like them? Because when we're together I don't SEE us, I feel us and live us etc, but having a picture gives me a chance to stand back and admire it.

I love looking at pictures of my favoirite people when they were little and as they grew up. I remember Ben or Khrys being that way and what I felt for them at the time and how much those feelings have grown. It's fun to see your parents' baby pictures or your grandparents young and full of vitality. It gives a different relationship with them. It let's you see a whole or bigger picture.

Melanie said...

I can't wait to see your scrapbook! JoAnna's wedding was so beautiful! She was such a gorgeous bride-her dress, her hair, and her necklace (LOVED it!). What a perfect location and setting, too. And decorations. But mainly the love! I am so glad we have pictures to celebrate these memories continuously! Love you!

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.