HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Friday, April 13, 2012

Case of the missing surgery patient

Well here's one for you. My niece went into the hospital on Wednesday for a shoulder joint replacement. She asked Khrys and me to feed the cat. We stopped by last night but, what the heck???...the key didn't work. And Dolly, this niece, had assured me we had the right key. So the key doesn't work. AND yesterday when I called the hospital to check on her progress, I was told there had been no shoulder replacement surgery that day and didn't see her name in the register.

Okay, the surgery WAS done on Wednesday, not yesterday, but they did look for her name and didn't find it. I am beginning to worry a bit. Yes I called her cel phone and there is no answer. Plus, isn't it a request to turn off your cel phones in a hospital??

Well, that's Dolly for you. Gives me something to do while I wait to pick her up tomorrow...if I can find her. She does love to get attention.


OKAY.... we found her, right where she should be. Cat will be okay too, plenty of food and water was left for her. Don't these things drive you CRAZY????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Yes! And it seems like it always happens to whoever is trying to do the good deed for someone. I'm reminded of a poinsettia I was asked to take care of for someone for two weeks. Poinsettias!!!! I can't kill them. They would outlive me if given a chance. I have to take them to the compost heap alive and feeling incredibly guilty. BUT - I killed this lady's poinsettia dead as a doornail! ?????? Diane

mudderbear said...

Diane, You're so funny. It's so good to hear from you again. I know how to kill poinsettias. Just check with me next Christmas and I'll tell you how...^.^)

June said...

I do hope Dolly is there when you go to pick her up : ) Yes, things like that make me crazy too.
hugs...

mudderbear said...

thanks June...it's good to know maybe I'm not completely hopeless.

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.