HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Wednesday, August 24, 2011


"Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." G. K. Chesterton

This was on the sidebar of Anita's CASTLES CROWNS & COTTAGES post. I've heard it quoted on Criminal Minds and it tells a lot about childhood.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Very good thought. I loved to read to my girls, and they loved it, too. And there are so many lessons. Diane

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh how neat, Rosalie... Kids love books and need to be read to OFTEN... Sometimes, the adults don't take the time to do it... Great photo.
Hugs,
Betsy

JoAnna said...

I love that! I think it's a lesson I need to keep in mind. Perhaps it would help my little anxious girl... she needs to know dragons can be beaten?

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Don't you just love that quote? And G.K. Chesterton you know, was a scholar par excellence, and he knew that WE HAVE THE POWER but sometimes not the will, to slay those naughty dragons! Thank you mudderbear for coming to visit me..bless YOU as you make a difference in the lives our the little ones in your life....blessings, Anita

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.