HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Movie Thoughts...BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY

image found on internet
This was just sad. Everyone I know who has seen it is sad with it. It stars Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood. Streep is a French farmwife who meets Eastwood, an artist and photographer. Eastwood stops at Streep's house to ask for directions to a bridge. With the family gone from the house at the time, you don't have to guess how one things lead to the next. They do play out believeably and gently. I liked the pacing. The film is very honest, raising questions naturally about how these things happen and what does one do about it. My bet is that there is almost no one who wouldn't relate to it. Under Eastwood's supreme direction, the viewer is pulled in by many emotions naturally, innocently, and quietly. Actors and director are masterful and, I keep wanting to say brilliant even if it does sound cliche. Naturally I am aching to read the book now. Have any of you read this one, by Robert James Waller?? Is it good?

1 comment:

Diane said...

I enjoy your reviews Rosalie. I never read either one of these but might now. I love the picture that you have with the Madison one, what a beautiful shot. Thanks for your sweet and kind comments on my blog. Hope you've had a good weekend. Hugs, Diane

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.