HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

IN RESPONSE TO ...................................................

I have to say, I expect more from a soulmate. I would never define someone who breaks my heart or shows me things with a smack in the head as doing me any good. Indeed, that person would be my enemy. I don't learn from those tactics.

We may have multiple soulmates that come and go in our life. Each one has his/her own gifts to give. But a soulmate is someone who helps you to be more of who you can be, someone who allows you, and encourages you to stretch and grow and become. I can't do that when I have my heart broken, or am crititicised to the point of demolition. Harshness is not nurturance. Showing me all my mistakes and failures does not inspire me to go on to something. I don't do competition. I need positive reinforcement. My definition of love is allowing someone to be more of who he/she is. You back them up and encourage them. You CHEER for them. That's the way God does things......Nurturance.

I hate to think anyone believes she deserves all the bad breaks she has had in life, that it was her fault and she caused it to happen. Honestly, if I ever find the guy who touts "Adversity makes you Strong," I might choke him. Adversity tears people down and destroys them. If they survive at all, they might be stronger, but all the wear and tear is still there. Battle wounds are wounds, not medals. Just don't think you have to be beaten down to deserve some little bit of happiness. You deserve giggles and happy and sunshine and roses just because you live. I hope they come to you soon.

Addendum: My thanks goes to all of you who have called or commented. One or two of you has called and expressed some concern that this post is about me. It is not. I am fine. I think the person to whom I am responding will know who she is. I just needed a whole blog to vent my feelings.

Picture found on Hprints.....

Ninna Ricci vintage ad

11 comments:

Unknown said...

sniff... sniff....

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I never believed in 'soulmates' until I met George.... IF any two people are soulmates, well, it's George and me. Maybe it's our ages and the fact that we are older (and the kids are all grown and out of the house). BUT--I have found someone who has become the best friend which I have EVER had. We love just being together --and have such a mutual respect for each other. It's SO different from any other relationship I have ever had....
Hugs,
Betsy

sagebrushandsneezes said...

soulmates.........I don't think that I am a believer! I do believe in kindred spirits. And you have found L'Air Du Temps......that's another one of my fragrances. fun
Snow photos are fantastic!

mudderbear said...

Betsy, I am so happy for you. That's just what I'm talking about. You can't 'make' someone happy...believe me I've tried and it just doesn't work- with anyone. I also don't think lovers owe each other per se, ..respect and tenderness, yes, of course. But love is just there...it just is. Thank you so much for your comments. Stay happy. I'm pretty sure you live in Paradise and God loves you. Who else gets to see all those beautiful birds every day? ^.^)

mudderbear said...

Hey sagebrush.....I agree with you, although, I keep hoping. So, how come?
I think of you every time I see
L'Air Du Temps. I wonder if they still make it. Don't you miss the old fragrances? They were so feminine.

Diane said...

I wish it would be that way always. Very nice point Rosalie. I hope it's that way for you. Diane

JoAnna said...

I feel like this is a testimony of sorts and thank you for posting it. You are right on all accounts.
My brilliant brother and I used to discuss how it seems some people get into something and just aren't brave enough to step out... or like they don't know that it could be better and they settle. I wonder, not just about love but life in general, if I am brave enough to stand up and "create" or have or be what I want. Or am I too... whatever it is I am, and if I would just keep trudging along...

Krush said...

it wouldn't be wise for me to post on this. no paper trail.

auntie M said...

In response to Joanna.......something I have realized just recently is that I am always saying "well, we'll see what happens"..........I have never learned to make things happen. That I need to take charge..take the bull by the horns as Pres. Hinckley counseled. I have gone through life just trying to keep my head above water...deal with whatever is coming at me at the moment. It hasn't gotten me very far. So, I hope you will grab the bull by the horns and make your life what you want it to be! don't be a responder, be a creator!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

How nice of you to express this for your friend!

The Damsel said...

I think a soulmate is someone who always shows you who you could be, in the best possible way.

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.