HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I am typing here from Google. My MSN page has been unconnected to the internet for two or three days now. Something is going on with them. Anyway, my computer reports there is a threat to my system. I'm wondering if I should shut everything down and start over. I could get rid of that very, very longlog in name and abandon MSN altogether. I might even change my blog address. But that isn't really practical, is it? Oh well. I have to work. It's another day. I am being weaned from Farmville...perhaps that's a good thing.
You know what else is funny...... I haven't a clue how to do any of this stuff.

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

Sigh. How tiresome. Do you have virus protection on your computer? I'm guessing not, which is mistake #1. Mistake #2 is doing things on your computer that make you susceptible to viruses -- downloading stupid games, sparkling rainbows and fairies that you can put in your emails, etc. Free crap is dangerous and shouldn't be downloaded just because it's cute. You have to have an eye for what's safe and what's not, and you guys don't have those kinds of eyes.

Just so you know, if you don't have virus protection but your computer is telling you there is a threat to your system, then that "helpful" message is likely to be a virus itself. Some viruses are made to inform you of a virus and then offer to help you fix it. You then follow its recommendations, only to find out that you're downloading more viruses, or paying the virus company to remove their own virus, etc. I hope you guys don't use your credit card online, or sign into your bank accounts online, or type any sensitive information into anything online, even if it is a safe website, because if you have a virus, it can track everything you do and send all that information back to Joe Blow, who will be happy to have your bank info, credit card numbers, etc.

You guys drive me nuts. How many computers have you had, and how many have gotten all screwy? I've never had close to the problems you guys have had, and I've had as many computers as you guys have (if not one or two more). It's because you don't know what you're doing and aren't willing to bother learning or taking precautions. Have fun ruining your computer. Yes, I'm annoyed. Can you tell?

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.