HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Friday, April 30, 2010

I must tell you about a wonderful phone call that came in last night. It was from Dustin, Glade's boy. It was such a surprise. The only reason I could imagine him calling me now was that Glade must be dead. The last time any of us saw him was about 32 years ago when he was a baby. After that his parents went home to Germany and then we never saw him again.
Anyway, he found me on facebook and called. I have to say he was very surprised when I recognized him immediately and was thrilled to hear from him. We had a long, comfortable chat and agreed to stay in touch. And he planned to call Marie right after we hung up. Ahhh, it made my day. Imagine, after 30 someodd years, he finds his dear old aunties and the family is reunited once again. Bless him...it's wonderful.!!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I am glad something good is going on!

mudderbear said...

thanks Melanie..... it certainly helps.

JoAnna said...

That is just SO cool! I think it would take courage for him to do that and I'm glad you were able to give him such a welcome!

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.