HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY.....

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY...... and I am not having any more birthdays, but I thought I would play around anyway with a synopsis of my long life and see what could happen. This picture...above... is from a couple of years ago. It is a celebration of my birthday, hosted by Brandy and Karen, who is taking the picture.

I was born in Salt Lake City. At the time I had two sisters, shown here with my mother and me. Mama and Daddy had a farm in Star Valley and I have many fond memories of living there. I loved the country feeling and the spaciousness.


Daddy and Mama moved to Salt Lake about 1955. This shows me, center, with Marie and Glade, playing house inside a closet Daddy was putting together for one of the bedrooms. Isn't Glade a beautiful baby!!

I got married and we stayed married.
I wish I'd gone to school. I wish I could make money. I wish I was more aggressive about what I wanted and developing my talents and/or abilities. I wish I'd put myself first and not waited around for someone else to make my decisions. Oh well....too soon old, and too late smart, eh? It all turned out just fine.







We had five children, all healthy and good experiences. Now there are four spouses for them. I think they are perfect and interesting and unique. I love everyone of them. Our family is not the usual group but we are supportive and loving and good. The grandchildren are adoreable, smart, and have good manners. They are delightful to be around. I really hope I will have a good influence on them.
Thank goodness they all have their Dad's sense of humor. I gave them their beautiful eyes, because, that just had to be.
I suppose I talk about my parents, my sisters, my husband and my children because that is what makes up my life. The rest is rather incidental. I'm thankful for all of you, family, and friends that I take in as family. I'm very grateful for all the blessings in my life and knowing that there is someone in Heaven who loves us and watches out for us, someone I can talk to about it all.
I guess I can't ignore my birthday after all. So with that, I celebrate my blessings, God's gifts, and you. Thank you for making my life wonderful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that helped me to know you more!

Judie and George said...

Happy Birthday! I guess we should start bragging about our age now, huh. Well, your life sounds wonderful, and it says a lot about you that you are STILL married, and have such great children; otherwise, you might be someplace else in your life. It is a lot to be the glue for a family and to support and sustain them in all of the ups and downs of life. It is pretty amazing, if you think about it.

Melanie said...

What a sweet and beautiful post! Happy birthday! I love you!

Heather said...

I think you've accomplished more than you give yourself credit for, and by far being a mother is the hardest, most taxing, most rewarding, underpaid job of all, and you've done a fab job... When all is said and done, if you can look back and see faces that love you, you've accomplished more than most, that is priceless. I've learned that my kids and granddaughter are worth far more than the riches the world has to offer. I don't get to travel or buy nice clothes or go fancy places, but I do get hugs and kisses and pictures and experiences that will last a lifetime. And when I die, if they decided I wasn't so bad, that's worth more than the money I've made in my life... which isn't much considered the amount of time I have to spend away from everyone, it's harldy worth it.
Don't underestimate your accomplishments, you have generations under you, smart, health, loving, not in prison people! that's quite a big deal...

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.