HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Sunday, April 26, 2009

weekend a'la carte

Before it's all over and can't be remembered, I think I'll just give a little typing to my weekend of staying home by myself.
It isn't very often I have the 'opportunity' to be home alone for two or three days. Papa and Khrystibear went to Seattle early Friday morning and aren't due back home until about 10:00 tonight. For the last three days I've been living solo. It has been nice. The pugdog sleeps 24 & 1/2 hours a day, rising only if he thinks I might feed him, after which he immediately perches on the top of the good leather chair again and sleeps and snores continually. Lazy dog!!!! He's probably gearing up for when Khrystine gets back and he will be tappy-toe dancing for a good twenty minutes.

Anyway, I have enjoyed the quiet time here. The most interesting thing I noticed was a rather remarkable change in eating habits. I stayed at home...mostly...one trip for halibut at Arctic Circle doesn't count as 'out' does it?I ate reasonably, even well....lots of vegetables, stir fried rice, and more fish. And I wasn't eating constantly. I was satisfied. Hmmm...that's never happened before. There wasn't this need to eat. I wonder what that means. Could the French approach to mealtime be making sense? Relax, eat well, and enjoy........? And I felt lots better. I had a consistent flow of energy, an adequate flow of energy. At bedtime, it seemed like the thing to do was ....go to bed!! Almost always, at bedtime I am just ready for a good Cubis game....which, believe me, I can play in my sleep. Life feels so much better, and more gentle.

Saturday night Benbear called to see how I was doing. Isn't that so sweet?! We talked for a long time. Ben always has good things to say. He loves everyone. And he and the family will be here in about two weeks. Wow, that's close, and it will be such a treat. They miss Taco Time [or Taco Bell--I can never remember which is which.]. And good grief, is it Peter's birthday THIS WEEK??? I know that but I can't believe it!!!!

Sunday, I got up way early, 7:30, and bee-lined it to Stephen's to be at Shae's confirmation. It was so nice to be there. I was always escorted to and fro by either Shae or James, which is so nice. They are such gentlemen. And after I stopped at Stephen's to share breakfast. Thanks Heather for all your work on that. After was really great conversation for a couple of hours. Besides guns and politics there is a lot to talk about concerning our Lord and what He asks of us. I really felt good about all that we said. There is a bonding and love that goes with this little group I hope will last forever. I am so thankful they share that with me.

Now the pug-dog is once again on the leather chair, fed a sizeable snack, and snoring softly. Khrys and Dad will be home in about five hours. The house isn't cleaned up very much. Man, it takes a long time to clean house. Ugh! But I will be happy to see them and hear about everything. So far, on the phone, it sounds like it's been everything they wanted it to be.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for being a part of it all, wouldn't be the same without you! I enjoy the adult conversations and Steve just seems to open up to you about things, it's nice to see that. We need to get together more often.

Anonymous said...

your support was so helpful.
hope to see you more often

mudderbear said...

how wonderful to see both of you here. I miss you both. I keep thinking I'll come over and see what I can do, but it just doesn't happen. Well, I'll keep trying..things are changing dramatically next week, so we'll see what happens.

Judie and George said...

Your weekend sounds nice to me. I remember being younger, maybe 38, and being alone for a weekend, all alone. I didn't like it very much. My children were with their father, and I was truly alone. It was uncomfortable. I was thinking about this the other day since I was alone, except for Mom who was asleep. And it was so, so quiet. But you know, it was okay, and I felt comfortable with myself. I think that's something good, to be comfortable in our own presence. Sounds like your weekend was one of comfortableness with yourself. There is something refreshing and renewing about that.

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.