HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Monday, February 16, 2009

RETURN TO ME

About two years ago, when Papabear and I thought we would be moving to Fayetteville, we started giving things away and let our nice, sectional couch go. Eventually, when J'nanabear got married, she took the couch. It looked really good in her new apartment. Now she and Jeffrybear are moving and don't need the couch anymore so they brought it back this weekend.
I have to admit I've been looking forward to this. We need the seating. Khrystibear had, in the meantime, brought home a second-hand white leather sofa to use. She has been quite fond of that one and finds it comfy enough to sleep on. I liked how the white leather looked, but now I don't know where it's going to go. Khrys doesn't want to put it on the front porch as that will ruin it. But now our living room is really full of furniture. Something has to give. In spite of being very crowded with all this, I already love how the sectional looks. It's big and bulky but that and the pretty green color anchor the room and make it look permanent and homey. Papabear says we'll get things shifted around next Saturday. So I have that much time to figure all the logistics.
It also, at this time, makes sense for us to house J'nana's painting that she bought and fought for a few years back. In our master bedroom it should look good and be safe. Believe me, there is almost never any sun shining in that room. So it's kind of fun to have this new boost in the spring cleaning scheme....(well, we should be Spring Cleaning now). Other than having way too much, there are possibilities opening up, if Papabear and I can muster enough strength to push all this stuff around and into place.

2 comments:

Judie and George said...

There's nothing like a change to give a person a lift. Everything seems newer with just a little difference. A couch is a big difference. We still have Mom's couch sitting outside on the patio, and it's scheduled for the dump if we can ever get that done. She was pretty mad about it being out there, but we had to make room for the hospital bed, and realistically, she will never need it again. Besides which, it's shot.

JoAnna said...

I'm glad you're glad to have the couch. I was afraid we were dumping it on you. We are sad to let it go, but were glad to have it all this time. We can definitely come help you get settled... sometime. We're such a mess right now with everything up in the air. I'm afraid I'll be dragging my stuff up the stairs at the last minute and trying to tow it with my car myself! Hahahaha... .that was a funny picture in my head, until I realized it might be more true than I think!

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.