HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Monday, November 10, 2008

RAINY DAYS AND MONDAY

I don't know what to post. I should be up and very busy today, but I'm just languishing about. (Spellcheck...how do you spell languish? That looks squishy.) It's an overcast day and that always makes me feel like going to sleep. There's no snow yet...Papabear expected 12 inches this morning, so I'm grateful that he didn't have to fight traffic. He said he doesn't expect his employer to foot the bill anymore, if it ever snows so much that he should probably camp out in the Marriott across the street. Fighting that traffic is very stressful for the poor old bear. It really does him in.
Anyway, on these days it's a good idea to get up and go to a store, be outdoors and enjoy the weather. Or make cookies, which never happens. Or turn the house lights on and cut something out and do some sewing.
These two activities bring back memories of coming home from school on grey days to find bread or cookies in Mama's oven, or sometimes she would be cutting out dresses on her wooden kitchen table, the front room light on. I loved the rythmic sound of the scissors walking across the table with such steady steps. There was no radio playing in those days. Isn't that strange?
Ahh, better get up and get moving. Wish you all were here to talk to for awhile. It's too quiet.

2 comments:

JoAnna said...

Sometimes when I don't see you in email, I really hope you've blogged, just so I can hear your voice. Today would be a perfect day to sit at my mama's house and drink cocoa and learn to sew or crochet or make cookies. Aaah, but I'll sit here at work and deal with annoying solicitors! Darn. I hope you have a nice languish-ed-ly day (squishy? that's funny!)

mudderbear said...

I miss our days of talking all day long. Now we could both be cutting and sewing while we waited for the cookies to bake. Sigh.

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.