HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Friday, October 3, 2008

GINA AND BABY

I want to say that it's so wonderful having Gina and the baby here. They have come by the past two days. We go to Millie's for corn dogs or we go to Litza's for calzones with Grandpa. Baby is my Great grandaughter, our first Great and she is so adoreable. She's five months old...already!?...and has the cutest, quickest smile for everyone with that precious little waggley tongue in there. She loves to talk in the softest voice and sometimes I can't help wondering if she's singing. She just goes on and on. When you talk about blessings being multiplied, along with watching the baby talk and play, and put absolutely all she's got into trying to get up or move herself, is the joy of watching Gina care for her. She can hold the baby and make the bottle and get the bib on and search through the diaper bag and eat her lunch all at the same time with perfect adeptness. It is an art. What I love most are Gina's little sounds, too....soft little laughs expressing how happy she is to be doing what she's doing, sweet sounds of approval and amusement for her baby. They are thrilling to me. Sometimes Gina will say about Baby, "Oh I think she's mad at me," and that statement is so gentle and caressing. It warms my heart.
I feel so blessed to have the experience of a great-grandbaby. And Grandpa Great is here as well. We are young and vigorous enough to be able to hold her and carry her about and that's a blessing we are very thankful for. Life is good.

3 comments:

JoAnna said...

I'm so jealous... corn dogs and calzones! Just kidding. I was talking of time with Gina! It sounds great. I'm glad you all have time together. I miss everyone horribly and am too tired to do anything about it. I'm glad people blog so I at least have that!

Judie and George said...

You paint the sweetest picture! I can see it in my mind and feel the feelings in my heart!

mudderbear said...

JOANNA, you won't know for a long time just how much we miss you..every time.


JUDIE, You say the sweetest things. I really like how you and I can relate.

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.