HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

WEDNESDAY MORNING...9:00 AM

Once again I bring up the blogspot, feeling like I should post something if only to keep in touch with those of you whom I read regularly. I have no idea what the subject will turn out to be.

I have been into books a lot lately. Librarything continues to intrigue me with several enticements. I am waiting for a book from the Early Reviewers Group to read and review. That is a great program. Publishers mail several books a month to a chosen few to read and publish a review just before the book comes out for sale. It's fun to read with a critical eye and fun to get a new book for free.
Another generous feature is a list of Recommendations, tailor-made for me with suggestions for books of all kinds based on the ones already in my library. The list is 1000 books long.!!!WOW...don't think you won't find about that many to put on a wish list!!
So, I did discover an author from this list with a list of books that would be just what I'm looking for. The author is Thomas B. Costain. He writes hisory, namely early British history, i.e. William the Conqueror, the Plantagenets, all the King Edwards. I looked for him at my library and found two available. I am reading [The Conquering Family], all about Henry 11 and Richard the Lionheart and King John, written in factual form, but reading like a good story, I can't pull myself away from these books. Now I have to find them to attain for my own. I keep asking my self why [The Book of Mormon] has not held me as captive as a reader. I do feel a bit quilty, because, after all it's all history and very important history too. Maybe reading about the Plantagenets will be the impetus for reading that again.
I started a blog to post Books That Have Changed My Life. Guess what! There are not many that have actually changed my life. So, what does that mean?? I have read about a million, but only one or two has actually influenced how I think or live. Do you think there's something askew with that?
Anyway, obviously I'm basically just rambling here. And now it's time to go eat yogurt. Adieu.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm checkin in real quick, the only thing I have time to read anymore is blogs... nothing else holds my intrest or my consciousness (did I spell that right?) I'm in a hurry.... Hope all is well... Are you sure that Thomas the tank engine hasn't had some influence?

mudderbear said...

Actually, that must be one of the overlooked......thanks...you're funny.

JoAnna said...

I thought I'd comment on the guilt comment about the Book of Mormon. Stop it. Go read my blog. You are fine.
Man, I want to go home and read a deliciously good book- like Jonathan Livingston Seagull. To feel and know you can do anything!

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.