HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

SO MANY BOOKS.....AND THEY'RE ALL MINE.

I just typed up and published my first review for Librarything's Early Reviewers program. You can see it by going to my sidebar here and finding the connection to Librarything. That will take you to my page and then you click 'reviews' on the taskbar above. That will lead you to a page of all the reviews I have posted so far,including the new/this one. It's fun. The Early Reviewers program offers a list of books that will be newly published within a few weeks from which you can request whichever ones appeal to you to read. If you are granted one of your requests, the book is sent to you free of any charge, to be read and reviewed by you on Librarything. There are usually three to four hundred or more requests for each book and usually fifty or so of each title mailed out. I was surprised to be receiving one actually, but Khrystibear has already been blessed with two books.

The book I was sent is STRATEGIES A CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME AND FIBROMYALGIA JOURNEY by Tami Brady. I have an older sister who has been telling us she has fibromyalgia for years. I have a niece who seems to have no end of physical maladies. So I thought the book would be interesting and a good one to share with them later. I'm also wondering if this is the problem that Mr Neighbor/Friend might be suffering with.

Anyway, it's not like giving a talk in church, wherein you all have to feel obligated to check it out. That's not the point. I think Librarything is really a great webpage, and you might like to check it out. Feel free to look in my personal library....just go to the sidebar here and find the Librarything link and click. When you get there, you will be on the profile page. Feel free to click on any spot on the taskbar...check out my personal library and the cover library to see what makes me so excited about it all. Look at the gallery and everything. These are my own books... I OWN THEM ALL!! I have READ MOST OF THEM at sometime or another. I've written a few reviews for fun as well as for my own mental 'ownership' of said books. Come on in and 'set a spell.' It's all for fun and I want to share. I'll put the tea on and get out the cookies.

1 comment:

JoAnna said...

That's so great! I'm really glad you're getting into it. And free books! Woohoo! That's really cool. I will definitely puruse when I can take a minute.
Oh, and where's the tea and cookies? I'm hungry...

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.