HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

LOTS OF NOTHING....

I thought I would type out something here and try to remove a couple of those truly maudlin posts. I realize there is a way to put them in the archives, but you know me, I don't remember exactly how that is. So, out of frustration, I will do it the "old fashioned" way and try to OutPost them. Haha...does that make any sense.?

Having no idea what to post about, sometimes I've found it works out to just start typing. And as this one is being 'created'....haha again....it occurs to me that most of our posts are fairly formal. And that's really cool, because we are all good writers and it's a good place to hone our writing skills. I am happy to have a place to vent and/or express myself. And of course, it is GREAT to see how the rest of you are feeling on any random day.

This coming up weekend will be the wedding reception for our favorite Jameson. So some of us are packing up and traveling to Elko for the occasion. You would think we can put five people in one nice sized car and drive for four or five hours and be okay. Three in the back sounds a little crowded, but, with i-pods, or whatever, and a good book or magazine, I think they will be comfortable. I am the Mother, so of course it is my privelege to sit up front in comfort. Ahh, can't wait to get on that road with not a thing to do but let my mind melt......clear out some goop, so to speak. There is lots of goop in my head, as you will know if you've read any of the previous blogs I've posted.

We've often taken off on a road trip with the intention of "planning the rest of our life." So, it will be my intention once again. There are a few questions in my mind that need to be settled, such as 1.What do I do with my house....Do I want this house?....Is there any real possibility of changing things? And that's enough of this. You're bored already aren't you??? What??:??? You aren't even here???? Well, fine!

Anyway, I've found a couple books about the brain I want to get. Hopefully I can get to B&N before we leave. These books discuss the Plasticity of the brain...sounds very interesting. And it promises hope that those of us who are not happy with how ours works might find a way of changing a thing or two. I find it a subject of intrigue. (Guess what?...I can never remember how to spell intriguing....looks right....intrigueing???) Anyway I'll keep you posted on that....haha...nice pun here..Posted. I'll get back to you....or I suppose the real hope is that you'll get back to me. Take care.

5 comments:

mudderbear said...

ooooops...Did you read that last paragraph....first sentence???? Sort of proves the point, huh>???
I'm not changing it...it's too funny.

JoAnna said...

Just goes to show you- I don't see anything wrong with the last paragraph!? Oh well... here I am.
I love the blogs. I really like just knowing what people are up to. I like writing and thinking that maybe somebody will respond. It also helps me to be a bit more assertive just in my own self. As I try to put my thoughts in some sort of comprehensive flow, at least I come to understand them better!

Benjamin said...

It took me a minute to see what was wrong with the first sentence of the last paragraph. Not that anything is wrong with it, exactly, but I can see how you can read it two ways. It did make me chuckle when I figured out how you read it, Mom. Only you!

Heather said...

Let me know how you get the gloop out of your head, hope it works... I may be interested in trying it... want to take Hunter? ha ha

mudderbear said...

I found the book I was interested in. It appeared to be rather clinical and a slow read. I was bored just browsing through it. So no brain plasticity for me. Too bad, huh?

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.