HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Sunday, February 3, 2008

WINTER BLAHS

It is February, but it's still cold and very snowy. It feels like it's been like this forever. It's not bad if somehow the walk is cleared (miraculously) and all the bears manage to go to work and back safely. But it seems to take more than the usual energy to cope with it. Those of you who have to do really hard work and really brave the elements everyday must be exhausted by now. There is a reason it is wonderful to see hints of Spring.

I am suddenly depressed. It appeared rather unexpectedly, but today, I am wondering about just what I've ever accomplished. I hope to not get off on that subject, i.e. a maudlin approach to life. Perhaps this is just a way of putting thoughts out there to evaluate. I want to read, but I do not know what. The good stuff takes too much commitment right now, and the frivolous isn't currently worth the time. Frivilous reading takes too much time for what it's worth at this point. I tend to fall into the book and not come up for air until it's finished. Still, I wish I had someone to talk to me that way, an omnipotent author with all the answers. Crochet is great, but I let myself run out of yarn. But again, it consumes so much time that should be used more productively. Although, who wants to be productive?? I feel like I'm just waiting....for Spring to begin or the sun to shine all day, or funny enough, to have enough time to attack a project with gusto and do a really good job of whatever it would be I'd be doing. Do you sense the apathy or lethargy here? Hmmm.......
So guess what...I am blogging. Does anyone else use this medium to sort out your own phantom, illucid thoughts? Do you feel like if you just start typing, something will appear onscreen and you will have it all sorted out? It works sometimes. But I don't think it will work today. Sorry to have taken your time. (yawn or grump....you choose) So what are you doing??

2 comments:

JoAnna said...

YES!!!!!
I blog and write in my journal and call my mumsy and sit and stare at the wall, just for those reasons. Sometimes, the answers do come! Say your prayers, take deep breaths and hang in there. Perhaps it's just spring fever. (To answer your last question, it's Monday and I want to quit!)

Heather said...

I guess it helps to know we're not alone in the 'blahs'... I'm ready to quit my job and find something closer to home that would give me more time to be a wife and mother instead of a roommate and maid...

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.