HOPEFUL

HOPEFUL
private photo of mudderbear 2011

one thing is for sure: YOU CAN'T KISS YOURSELF. mudderbear 2011

Sunday, February 17, 2008

SUNDAY

I just have to say....I went to church today and it was so nice. It really is my Home Ward....since I was ten years old. There are a lot of old friends, although my old friends actually were old for the most part. A good number of them have gone on their way to heaven.

But it's nice. Many are happy to see you. The talks were great and uplifting. And I have been called to play piano for the Relief Society meetings. I am very happy about that. They already know I can't play well, or complicated, but they are desparate enough to want me anyway. I felt energized and revitalized. And I did something I should be doing just by going. If you're not doing it yourself....I highly recommend giving it a try.

In response to your last blog, jak...going to church does wonders for your self concept. Women there are accepting and loving and everyone is willing to help you if you need it. You know you are important and you belong with this "family". For a couple of hours, at church, life is going as it should. You find peace. It's comfortable. And you don't feel guilty when you try to pray at night...(that would be my problem, of course,).

I've gotten really soft in my current assault from Old Age and I want you all to be at church too. I feel a need to "gather" my children. I guess I'm realizing all the goof-ups and mistakes made in raising my family. And the ward is having a talent show and I have none to speak of...except my children.. Maybe I'll put up a family portrait because I have wonderful children, and that can be my talent. Seriously. Everyone is just amazing. That includes every one....daughters in law, sons/grandsons in law...all the grandchildren. They're all perfect. I must have some kind of talent...right? Of course I'm right. I'm the Grand Mother.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I am really happy for you!

JoAnna said...

Yes you are right. Hahaha, but really. It was so great seeing at least some of the family for Stephen's birthday. I just love everyone so much. I'm a silly auntie who just wants to grab all those little nephews (even the big ones like James and Shae) and hug them and squeeze them and... I just adore them! We are great. Period.

As for church, I love what you had to say. It is so true. I'm glad you are playing the piano. I love to hear you play and you are better than you give yourself credit for. Maybe I'll come go with you- at least I'd be going somewhere! I miss it.

mudderbear said...

COME GO WITH ME....DO!!! THAT WOULD BE SO WONDERFUL!!!

mudderbear said...

HI MELANIE...

OUR FAMILY MANTRA


"Sometimes he would get so swept up in ideas, you had to chase him around with a butterfly net."

quote from page 184 [THE SOCIAL ANIMAL] by David Brooks

Look me up on Librarything. Read my reviews.