Okay....enough of all this maudlin stuff. You can't just wallow in the mire all day. If you are going to be happy, then get up and be happy. And expect the demons to smack you in the face everytime you get up, but keep getting up anyway.......(man I need that drive to Elko.)
There is such a thing as feeding the monster. You keep it alive and well by paying attention to it everyday. You pay homage to it that way. And it thrives and gets very healthy, while you get weaker and more morose as days go by. Not good. Can't do it. No more.
I see magazines, at the grocery checkout of course, that sometimes promise you an article on "How to be Happy." Hmmm. Somebody somewhere knows how to be happy and supposes to let me know the secrets. It can be enticing. It might sell the mag. I don't know if it can actually work. But let's say it can, to varying degrees. And let's say that as a family, if we pool our rescources, we might have even better suggestions. So, here's the challenge. Respond to this blog or write one of your own and you can comment here to see that one, and let's post some ways to be happy. Are you up for that? You all know we need it pretty badly here. Here's one to start:
Go to church. It's worth all the effort and kicking yourself in the pants to get there. It's so much another world, peaceful and hopeful. You find lots of people who are happy to see you and ask, with sincerety, about how you are. Its' a real perk. And God loves you too and you'll feel that.
So okay....your turn. Comment or do your own blog and comment here to look you up there.
6 years ago
3 comments:
I'm really glad to see you happy and optimistic. I think church is a great way to be happy. I'll add to that, say your prayers.
My suggestion is to exercise. The dr told me that 1/2 an hour, even if it's not strenuous, is as good as one dose of Zoloft. I think it's true. It's even better if you can get out in nature a bit. Look at the sky, the mountains, the trees and BREATHE! I'm not talking "no pain no gain" exercise. I'm talking get in touch with your body, your muscles, your breathing and the mind and emotion will follow.
This kind of reminds me of the 'glad game' a lady at my old job use to make us play when everyone was down in the dumps and it was gloomy.... we all emailed around what we were glad for, even if it was silly, like I'm glad my daughter's hair is brown and not green.... it helps to look at the positive
Listen to music you like.
Post a Comment